Will Central Govt Employees Get Pending Dearness Allowance From July 1? Check Latest Updates Here
The central government employees and pensioners will now have to wait a bit longer as the meeting of the National Council of JCM, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) officials have been postponed due to the ongoing Covid pandemic.
7th Pay Commission Latest News: Central government employees who are waiting for an announcement on Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief, here is a major update for you. The Central government had in March last stated that Dearness allowance (DA) of central employees and Dearness Relief (DR) for pensioners would be resumed from 1 July 2021. However, the central government employees and pensioners will now have to wait a bit longer as the meeting of the National Council of JCM, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) and the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) officials have been postponed due to the ongoing Covid pandemic.
As per the latest updates, the meeting between the National Council of JCM and the officials at the DoPT and the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) to discuss the 7th central Pay Commission matrix issue was supposed to be held on 8 May 2021. It will now happen in the last week of May 2021.
In this pandemic time, the Central employees and pensioners are receiving only 17 percent dearness benefit, which may increase to 28 percent, resulting in a significant increase in the 7th CPC salary.
Earlier, Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister of State for Finance, had stated that the three instalments of dearness allowance will commence to be paid on July 1, 2021. Thakur had also claimed in a report submitted to the Upper House of Parliament about the payment of DA that the three pending DA instalments of Central Government employees will be subsumed and that the modified DA rates will take effect on July 1, 2021.
If the DA rates come into effect from July 1, nearly 50 lakh central government employees and more than 65 lakh pensioners will benefit from the decision of the Central government.
Dearness Allowance is an important component of salary which is a fixed percentage of an employee’s basic salary. Likewise, the Dearness Relief is computed with reference to basic pension or family pension of the pensioner.
Related to Your Search:
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021
- Central government employees will continue to get Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) at the current rates
- Interim Relief and Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay – NCJCM to 7th CPC
- DA for central government employees News latest update
- Cabinet approves increase in Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for Central Govt Employees – DA Hike Latest News
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Tamil Nadu State Government employees and Government pensioners
- Request to the PM to release DA to the central government employees and DR to the pensioners
- Revised rates of Dearness Relief to Haryana Government pensioners and family pensioners w.e.f. 1st July 2021 PDF
- 2% Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees and Pensioners due from July 2016 may approve in the Union Cabinet Meeting