Internship Programme on Implementation of Right to information
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
New Delhi, the 4th September, 2012.
Subject: Internship Programme on Implementation of Right to information.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Department of Personnel & Training as the nodal Department for Right to Information Act., 2005 has felt the need to consolidate and document the experiences of the Ministries/Departments of Government of India in the implementation of RTI, its success, constraints in
implementation, identify the areas which need more attention, address the gap areas and see what need to be done to help achieve the objectives of the Act.
2. The Department of Personnel and Training has drawn up a short term Internship Programme for undergraduates pursuing five year Integrated Course in Law to conduct an analysis of RTI applications in Public Authorities under the Central Government. After the internship, the interns would submit their reports to DOPT and concerned Ministry / Department.
3. Ministries / Departments desirous of getting the above mentioned analysis are requested to allow interns sponsored by DOPT to analyse a sample of the RTI applications received in the last one year in the respective Ministry/Department. It is requested that the number of interns that can be accommodated by the
Ministry/Department may also be intimated alongwith the details of Nodal Officer to coordinate with DOPT. The expenditure of the Internship Programme by way of conveyance allowance of the interns would be borne by DOPT. The response in this regard may please be intimated to DOPT latest by 20th September,2012.
Related to Your Search:
- Guidelines on Internship for Undergraduates pursuing five year integrated course in Law under the Centrally sponsored Scheme
- DOPT Launched Internship Scheme, 2013 from 1st September
- Effective implementation of Right to Information Act : DOPT offering Short-term Internships Course
- Invitation of Applications for the Internship Scheme of the Department of Economic Affairs for the year 2017-18
- Launch of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application – Dopt order
- Dopt introduced new initiatives to boost morale of its employees – Idea Boxes, Employee of the Month etc.,
- Latest DoPT Orders 2020 – Update list of Central Government Cadre Controlling Authorities
- Implementation of Bhavishya in the Ministries/Department: Minutes of the meeting held on 17.03.2016
- Extension of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application – Dopt Orders 2013