Incorporation of Aadhaar number in fresh Pension Payment Orders [PPOs]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
NEW DELHI – 110066
Subject:- Incorporation of Aadhaar number in fresh Pension Payment Orders [PPOs].
Attention is invited to CPAO OM No. CPAO/Tech/leevan Pramaan/ 2015-16/ 1770 dated 07.03.2016 (Annex-l) and DO letter dated 30.07.2015 from CGA to all Secretaries (Civil Ministries) regarding incorporation of Aadhaar number in the fresh PPOs (Annex-II). In this context, it is observed that progress in incorporation of Aadhaar numbers in the fresh PPOs has been very low. For the period July, 2015 to March, 2016 out of 25608 total fresh PPOs received in CPAO, only in 1907 (7.45%) cases Aadhaar number was mentioned.
2. In view of Aadhaar Cards numbers crossing 100 crores marks and implementation of Aadhaar linked Biometric Attendance System in most of the central government offices, it is very unlikely that a retiring government servant will not have Aadhaar number. Further, DOPT vide its OM No. Z-20025/9/2014-Estt (AL) dated-03.11.2014 (Annex-III) had requested all Ministries/ Departments to ensure that the Service Books of all employees have an entry of Aadhaar number.
3. In view of above, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAS are once again requested to take up the matter with IS (Admn) and Heads of Offices of respective Ministries / Departments to arrange for providing Aadhaar number in all pension papers to be submitted to concerned PAOs to enable them to incorporate the same in PPO booklets.
Encl:- As above
Chief Controller (Pension)
Related to Your Search:
- Collection of Aadhaar numbers of retiring Government Employees
- Indication of Aadhaar number in Pension papers of all employees regarding
- Preparation of list of Government servants due to retire along with their Aadhaar numbers and incorporation of Aadhaar number in PPO Booklet
- Speedy delivery of Pension Payment Orders (PPOs) to CPAO
- Allotment of 12 Digit PPO Number to Pre-90 pensioners
- Aadhar based Digital Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan): CPAO O.M. Dated 20.03.2015
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Review the Various Pension related issues requiring close monitoring: Minutes of the Meeting
- Development of Single Window Service for Central Civil Pensioners.