Income Tax exemption limit should be raised to Rs 5 Lakh: Arun Jaitley
Arun Jaitley, one of BJP’s prominent leaders says that raising income tax slab to Rs 5 lakh will benefit more than thirty million people in the country. He also added that direct tax should be reduced, If the Income Tax limit is raised from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh, 3 crore people will save Rs. 24 crore which will lead to a small impact of 1 to 1.5 per cent of the National Tax Fund.
All 100% of the Government employees pay taxes without fail, all the time. There is no doubt about it.
Each year, with Government employees losing about a month’s pay as taxes, the suggestion to raise tax slab to Rs. 5 lakh is a welcome move. But, since such ideas are being aired only around election time, they lose credibility.
It has almost become a routine for the Government employees to eagerly hope for a tax slab raise during each annual budget presentation, and be disappointed. There haven’t been any alternative savings options to avoid income tax this time also.
Those who had got employed after 2004 have no options to save and are paying income tax even for comparatively lower incomes.
Will this situation continue?
Only the new Government at the Centre will have the answer to this question.
Related to Your Search:
- Income tax exemption limit to be hiked to Rs 3 lakh
- Expected Potential Relief in Income Tax – 10% Tax on 3 to 10 Lakh
- Budget may bring good news for salaried people
- Budget 2018 – Will income tax limit raise to Rs 3 or 5 lakh?
- Arun Jaitley May Double Tax Exemption in Maiden Budget
- Benefit from the Income Tax sops announced by the Government..?
- Arun Jaitley Against High Income Tax Rate to Raise Revenues
- Central Government is planning to raise the Income Tax exemption slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs
- Raise Income Tax Exemption Slab to Rs. 5 Lakhs: NC JCM Staff Side