Implementation of income criteria for dependent parents of Armed Forces Personnel for grant of two family pensions
O/O THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSION)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. 516
Subject: Implementation of income criteria for dependent parents of Armed Forces Personnel for grant of two family pensions.
Reference: This office Circular No. 400 dated 05.12.2008.
As per para 11.2 of MOD letter No.-17(4)12008(2)/D(Pen/Pol) dated 12.11.2008 the dependency criteria for the purpose of family pension shall be the minimum family pension along with dearness relief. Now the Ministry of Defence has clarified that the GOI, Ministry of Personnel, PG& Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ welfare no.- 1/11/2011- P&PW(E) dated 30th November 2011 (copy enclosed) is applicable mutatis mutandis on family pensioner of Armed Forces wherein the family pension admissible to beneficiary in respect of one deceased employee/pensioner is not to be counted as income for the purpose of determination of eligibility for another family pension which is admissible in connection with another deceased employee/pensioner. However, any other income/earning of the beneficiary under consideration will be counted towards income for deciding eligibility for family pension.
2- In case the family pensioners are self employed or are in receipt of income from source other than employment, Income Certificate furnished by the concerned beneficiaries themselves may be accepted for the purpose under provision of GOI, MOD letter No. – 1(3)/99/D(Pensions/Services) dated 24.11.1999. All other conditions being remain same as described in MOD letter No B/38207/AG/PS4(b)/931/B/D(Pens/Ser) dated- 26.08.1998 and MOD letter No 1(3)/99/D(Pen/Ser) dated 24.11.1999.
3- In view of the above, it is requested that all such cases may be reviewed and the all affected cases may please be send to G-4 section of this office for issuing PPOs. This Circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in. for disseminating the all concerned.
Addl. CDA (P)
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Family pension to dependent parents of deceased Armed Forces Personnel
- Grant of dual (Two) family pension from military as well as DSC: PCDA Circular No. 513
- Simplification of procedure for endorsement of Family Pension entitlement in the PPO of living Armed Force Pensioners
- OROP: One Rank One Pension to all Pre-01.06.1953 Defence pensioners, Ex. State Force Pensioners and their families
- PCDA Orders : Disability pension/war injury pension/special family pension/liberalized family pension/dependent pension/liberalized dependent pension for the Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank.
- Grant of Family Pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing-consolidated instructions regarding
- PCDA circular: Grant of Family Pension and gratuity
- PCDA Circular No. 599 : 7th CPC – Revision of Disability / War Injury Pension for Pre 01.01.2006 Deference Forces Pensioners
- Provision of Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel before completion of 10 years of qualifying service