Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission : Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
10th October, 2016
Subject : Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission : Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc.
A reference is invited to para 2.1 of Deptt. of P&PW OM No. 38/37/2016-P&PW (A)(ii) dated 04.08.2016 wherein it has clearly been stated that “these orders shall apply to all pensioners/ family pensioners who were drawing pension / family pension before 1.1.2016 under the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules,1972, Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules and the corresponding rules applicable to Railway pensioners and pensioners of All India Services, including officers of the Indian Civil Service retired from service on or after 1.1.1973”.
2. Further, para 9 of the aforesaid OM states that “All Pension Disbursing Authorities including Public Sector Banks handling disbursement of pension to the Central Government pensioners have been authorized to pay pension/family pension to existing pensioners / family pensioners at the revised rates without any further authorization from the concerned Accounts Officers/Head of Office etc”. CPAO has also clarified vide point No.9 of its clarification issued to the banks at Annexure-II of its communication number CPAO/IT&Tech/ Revision (7th CPC)/19 Vol-III/2016-17 / 124 dated 30.08.2016
3. However, complaints from All India Service Pensioners, who are drawing their pension through State Governments, are being received in CPAO that the banks have not revised their pensions for want of any instruction from respective AGs/Designated Authorities
Keeping in view the grievances of AIS pensioners, banks are advised to comply with the instructions of para 9 of DP&PW OM dated 04.08.2016 and make payment to AIS pensioners immediately.
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- CPAO Order: Intimation of recovery of excess/over payment made to pensioners
- Providing a link of CPAO website in the websites of Ministries/Departrnents and their attached/ subordinate offices to get the status of 7th CPC pension revision by the central civil pensioners
- CPAO to Bank: Attend sick, paralyzed and bedridden pensioners/family pensioners on priority basis with empathy
- Provide monthly pension slips alongwith break up to pensioners/ family pensioners.: CPAO’s instructions to Bank
- Central Govt Pensioners/Family Pensioners should submit Life Certificate to their respective banks
- Timely Revision of Pension as per 7th CPC
- Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) celebrated its 29th Foundation Day today in the service of the Central Civil Pensioners
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre- 2016 Pensioners/ Family Pensioners, etc
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 Central Civil Pensioners and providing better service to pensioners