Latest Position in GDS Committee Report
NFPE & AIPEU-GDS congratulates all Postal employees who made the 27th April 2017 mass dharna in front of all Divisional/Regional/Circle offices, a grand success. We have raised only one demand in the dharna – Implementation of favourable recommendations of GDS Committee report.
Implementation Committee constituted by Postal Board under the Chairmanship of Member (T) who was holding charge as Member (Personnel) submitted its proposal to the Secretary (Posts). The proposal of the implementation committee is now being examined by the JS & FA (Internal Financial Advisor) of the Postal Board. After that the proposal is to be approved by Secretary, Department of Posts. Then the proposal is to be approved by Minister, Communications. After Minister’s approval it will be submitted to the nodal Ministries (Department of Personnel & Training, Law Ministry and Finance Ministry) for approval. After obtaining all the above approval only, Postal Board will prepare the Cabinet note and submit the proposal for approval of Cabinet.
Knowing very well that this is the procedure, the recognised GDS Union is creating confusion among the GDS employees. The indefinite strike notice and postponement without any concrete result was a drama to cheat the GDS. The very same General Secretary of recognised GDS Unions who earlier used to criticize other unions/Federation for postponing the strike is now going on postponing the strike again and again. After postponing the strike the GS of recognised GDS Union is advising the GDS that – “all these procedures are compulsory that will take more than a month or so”, Then why indefinite strike is declared from 25th April 2017 ? The Recognised GDS Union could not do anything, eventhough the Kamalesh Chandra Committee Report on GDS was submitted on 24th November 2016 (four months back). Now the recongised GDS Union has requested Postal Board to Postpone GDS membership verification fearing withdrawal of recognition after verification.
The Central Working Committee of AIPEU-GDS is being held at Trivandrum (Kerala) on 5th May 2017. Federal Executive of NFPE being held at New Delhi on 12th May 2017. These meetings will take decision for continued agitational programmes for implementation of positive recommendations of GDS Committee report including strike. All GDS employees are requested to strengthen AIPEU-GDS which is moving jointly with NFPE for early implementation of GDS Committee Report.
(R. N. Parashar)
Source – http://nfpe.blogspot.in
Related to Your Search:
- Postal Employees strike today for implementation of 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- Enhancement of ceiling for calculation of ex-gratia Bonus payable to Gramin DAk Sevaks from Rs.3500/- to Rs.7000/-
- GDS COMMITTEE REPORT – NEWS
- Delay in publishing GDS Committee Report – NFPE
- GDS Committee Report Implementation Indefinite Strike By Postal Employees From 22-05-2018
- Non Implementation of GDS Committee Report
- Implementation of GDS-Committee Report Expected End of April 2018
- ‘Two Days Nationwide Strike a Thundering Success’ – NFPE & FNPO
- PREPARE FOR INDEFINITE POSTAL STRIKE FROM 2015 MAY 6TH. GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS DO NOT WANT SEPEREATE GDS COMMITTEE