Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules 2016-Exercising of option for fixation of pay
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence
Subject: Implementation of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Exercising of option for fixation of pay
This is regarding exercising of option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure in terms of following provisions of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016:
Para 5 Save as otherwise provided in these rules, a Governments servant shall draw pay in the Level in the revised pay structure applicable to the post to which he is appointed.
Provisio 1: Provided that a Government servant may elect to continue to draw pay in the existing pay structure until the date on which he earns his next or any subsequent increments the existing pay structure or until he vacats his post or ceases to draw pay in the existing pay structure.
Provisio 2: Provided further that in cases where a Government servant has been placed in a higher grade pay or scale between 1st day of January, 2016 and the date of notification of these rules on account of promotion or upgradation, the Government servant may elect switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion or upgradation, as the case may be.
2. Regarding the aforesaid provision, clarification was sought from Ministry of Finance/Dept. of Expenditure on the issue of exercising of option for fixation of pay by the government servants in 6th CPC Pay Structure till their promotion which falls after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 (i.e. 25.07.2016).
3. Now, MoF(DoE) have issued clarification dated 19.03.2018 (copy enclosed) wherein it has been clarified that the option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure after the date of notification of CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 i.e. 25.07.2016 cannot be exercised as Rule 5 of the said Rules provided for option only for promotion taking place upto 25.07.2016 (date of notification of the said Rules)
4. The clarification guidelines mentioned in para 3 above may please be adhered to.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Reference: Notes at p. 9-10/n of Ministry of Defence (Finance) in its File No. 12012/2/2016-AG/PB read with notes at p. 4-5/n in File No. 2(2)/2017-D(Civ.I)
MOD(Finance) may please refer to their notes at p. 9-10/n in File No.12012/2/2016-AG/PB Seeking clarification of this Department as to exercising of option for fixation of pay by the Government Servants in 6th CPC Pay Structure till their promotion which falls after the date of notification of CCS(RP) Rules 2016 (i.e. 25.7.2016).
2. The above matter has been examined in this Department. It is clarified that the option for fixation of pay in the revised pay structure after the date of notification of CCS(RP) Rules 2016 i.e. after 25.7.2016 cannot be exercised, as Rule 5 of the said Rules provides for option only for promotion taking place up to 25.07.2016 (date of notification of the said Rules).
3. This issues with the approval of Joint Secretary (Personnel).
Related to Your Search:
- Confusion Continues in Promotion Option after Finance Ministry order
- Pay Fixation on Promotion as per 7th CPC (RP) Rules – Confederation requests to exercise revised option as one-time measure
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation and Grant of Increment in revised pay structure: Finmin Clarification
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- CCS (RP) Rules, 2016 – Opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- PERMISSION TO OPTION FOR PAY FIXATION IN THE REVISED PAY STRUCTURE ON A DATE AFTER THE DATE OF ISSUE OF CCS (REVISED PAY) RULES 2016
- Fixation of pay and grant of increment in the revised Pay structure
- Cases of promotion taking place in the pre-revised pay structure between 01.01.2006 and the date of notification of RS(RP)Rules, 2008 and the subsequent merger of the pre-revised pay scales of the promotional and feeder posts in a common grade – Fixation of Pay
- Implementation of 7th Pay Commission : FAQ on pay fixation under CCS(RP) Rules 2016