HUSBAND AND WIFE ARE DEFENCE PERSONNEL – CLARIFICATION ON ECHS MEMBERSHIP
CLARIFICATION ON ECHS MEMBERSHIP WHEN HUSBAND AND WIFE ARE DEFENCE PERSONNEL
1. There were a No of issues which come into effect when both husband and wife are defence personnel or one of them is a defence person and other is a Central Govt employee. The issues also included whether one or both parents can be made members of the ECHS.
2. We had taken up the case with the MOD and clarifications have been issued vide MOD letter No 22(20)05/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 10 Feb 2006(copy attached). In brief it contains the following clarifications:-
(a) When Both Husband and Wife are Defence Pensioners
(i) Only one has to give ECHS contribution.
(ii) Both can cover their respective parents by making two ECHS contributions.
(b) When one is a defence person and other is a Central Govt employee, the latter has the choice to withdraw from CGHS when the spouse becomes a member of the ECHS.
Authority: Central Organisation ECHS DO letter No B/49701-MOD/AG/ECHS dt 24 Feb 2006.
Related to Your Search:
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ECHS MEMBERSHIP-9 Jan 2015
- PROCEDURE FOR PROCESSING OF ECHS APPLICATION IN CASE OF MARITAL DISCORD / FAMILY DISPUTE AND PARENTS OF SOLDIERS AFTER DEATH IN HARNESS
- Married Women Employees can show their parents as her dependents for CGHS, LTC etc
- Guidelines and instructions in the case of Husband and Wife both working for Central Government
- Year wise enrollment of ECHS members
- DELAY IN HANDING OVER OF ECHS SMART CARD TO ECHS BENEFICIARIES
- CHILD CARE LEAVE(CCL) FOR MALE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: A DEMAND TO 7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION (CPC)
- 7th PAY COMMISSION NEWS : A DEMAND TO 7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION (CPC) – CHILD CARE LEAVE(CCL) FOR MALE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES
- Posting of husband and wife at the same station