Holding regular meetings with representatives of recognized staff associations: Min of Finance
F.No. C-30013/06/2012-AD-IV-A Vol.II
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
New Delhi the 16th May, 2017
All Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioners/Director General Customs and Central Excise/Directorate under Central Board of Excise and Customs.
Subject: Holding regular meetings with representatives of recognized staff associations.
I am directed to say that instructions have been issued by the Board from time to time, emphasizing the importance of an effective grievance redressal mechanism involving regular interaction with staff association in the field formulations.
2. The extant instructions of the Dept.. of Personnel & Training on Joint Consultative Machinery (JCM) also provide for periodical meetings of Office Councils in the field formation, on regular basis. However, the staff association, in their representations to the Board, have agitated the issue of grievances redressal mechanism not functioning effectively in the field formations.
3. It is reiterated that an effective grievance rederssal mechanism is an essential pre-requisite for maintaining harmonious employer-employee relations and for boosting the morale and motivation levels of the staff at all times. It is accordingly reiterated that the Heads of Departments/Cadre Controlling Authorities at Zonal/Commissionerate levels may ensure that meeting with recognized staff associations are convened effectively at regular intervals, both under the JCM format and otherwise, for redressing their grievances.
4. In the recent instruction, It was decided henceforth, that a quarterly meeting will be held under the Chairmanship of Member(A) with all recognized associations, to discuss the Departments/Cadre Controlling Authorities were directed to furnish the Action Taken Report of meeting held at Zonal Level to Board at quarter ending of the year i.e. March, June, September and December.
5. Since, no Action Taken Reports have been received from any HoD, it is, therefore, requested to furnish the same by 20.05.2017 for the quarter ending March, 2017, so that meeting with all Association could be done.
(B. Ginkhan Mang)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Government mechanism available for redressal of pensioners grievances
- Review of updated guidelines of Grievance Mechanism in CPPC, issued by CPAO
- Notice for Meeting with Representatives of recognized non affiliated Service Associations/Unions and recognized Associations/unions to discuss the issues relating to the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism for the Jawans
- Nomination of Representatives of recognized federations of Indian Railways to attend the meeting on Allowances to be held on 28.11.2016
- Extend necessary cooperation to the office bearers of identified pensioners associations in the matter of redressal of pensioners’ grievances
- To Fix timeline for redressal of grievances – Web based Pensioner’s Portal
- Meetings of Departmental Council are essential in resolving differences between Government and the Staff Side
- Redresasal of Public Grievances & CPGRAMS