Highlights of OROP Notification :
Central Government today issued the notification regarding implementation of ‘One Rank One Pension’ in respect of Defence Forces personnel.
Highlights of the OROP as stated in the Order are as follows:
Benefit over 25 lakh veterans and war widows
Pension of past pensioners would be re-fixed on the basis of pension of retirees of 2013 & the benefit will be from 1 July 2014.
Who opt to get discharged on their request would henceforth not get OROP benefits
Pension will be re-fixed as per average of min & max pension of personnel retired in 2013 in same rank & same length of service.
Pension for those drawing above the average shall be protected.
Arrears will be paid in four equal half yearly installments.
All family pensioners including those getting Spl/Liberalized family pension & Gallantry award winners to get arrears in 1 installment.
In future, the pension would be re-fixed every 5 years.
Personnel who opt to get discharged, now on, on their request will not get benefits of OROP. It will be effective prospectively.
Judicial Commission will be constituted to iron out the anomalies which shall submit its report in 6 months
OROP tables based on 2013 will be made available very soon.
Related to Your Search:
- Government order on One Rank One Pension: Salient features of the OROP
- Latest news on One Rank One Pension : In future pension would be re-fixed every 5 year
- Redressing Grievances of Ex-Servicemen over OROP
- OROP Notification issued by Central Government for Defence Forces personnel
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) to the Defence Forces Personnel: Latest MoD orders published on 7.11.2015
- Spotlight of One Rank One Pension
- One Rank One Pension Scheme
- One Rank One Pension Arrears Table for various Ranks of Defence Pensioners
- Behaviour of ex-servicemen protesting the notification on OROP scheme is “unlike that of a soldier