Gujarat Govt Employees DA 2021 – The Gujarat government approved an increase of 11 percent in Dearness Allowance to state government employees and pensioners with retrospective effect from July 1, 2021.
With this, the overall DA rate for Gujarat state government employees has risen to 28%.
Gujarat government hikes Dearness Allowance for state govt employees, pensioners to 11%
The Gujarat government has authorised an increase in dearness allowance (DA) of 11% for state government employees and pensioners, effective July 1, according to news agency PTI, confirming deputy chief minister Nitin Patel. The increase, which was approved on Monday, raises the overall DA rate to 28% of basic pay, up from the current rate of 17%.
“The new DA rate announced by the Gujarat government is equal to that granted by the Union government to its employees and pensioners. In July, the Centre increased the dearness allowance for its employees from 17 to 28 percent. It was decided to hike the rate from 17% to 28% since we generally follow central DA rates and make changes accordingly,” Patel added. He went on to say that the decision will help 9.61 lakh individuals working for the state government, as well as 4.5 lakh pensioners covered by the 7th Pay Commission.
The hike will cost the state exchequer 378 crore each month, according to Patel. “For the month of September, the new DA will be reflected in pay. July arrears will be paid in October, while August arrears will be paid in January of the following year,” he added.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission News latest: Over 8.77 lakh Gujarat Government Employees and Pensioners to get arrears from March and Odisha govt too.
- Gujarat government to implement 7th Pay Commission from tomorrow
- 7th CPC DA Hike will announce today for central government employees and pensioners
- 2% hike in DA for Tamilnadu Government Employees from July 2018
- Expected DA: Cabinet may approve 10% DA hike in September 2013
- Freezing of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners at current rates till July 2021
- Expected Dearness Allowance 5% DA hike from July 2019 as per 7th Pay Commission for all Central Government Employees
- Latest DA news for central govt employees in Union Cabinet meeting
- Odisha govt declares 10% DA hike for its employees and pensioners