Guidelines of Drop box for depositing cheque in post offices
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles
Sub: Introduction of the system of “Drop box” for depositing cheques in post offices. -reg.
Kindly refer to this Division’s D.O.No. 112-08/2018-SB dated 13.09.2018 regarding Drop Box system in post offices for cheque deposit.
In this regard, the undersigned is directed to request you to start the “Drop Box” system for cheque deposit in post offices chosen for the purpose by the circle.
Following guidelines may be followed for smooth operation of “Drop Box” facility :
1. Drop Box facility should be provided in the Public Hall for easy access to public.
2. The following instruction for dropping cheques should be placed besides the drop box.
- A. Please drop the cheque with filled pay-in slip (SB-103) duly filled in all respects.
- B. Please correct Account Number, also write cheque number, bank name in the pay-in-slip.
- C. Please write contact number on the back side of pay-in-slip and cheque.
- D. For Cheque amounting 50000 or more, PAN card no. should be mentioned in pay-in-slip.
- E. For Cheque of PPF/SSA scheme please check your prescribed limit for financial year.
- F. For cheque of PPF/SSA account for matured account should be extended first for depositing cheque.
- G. Post dated and outdated cheque should not be dropped in the drop box.
- H. Non-CTS cheques should not be dropped in the drop box.
- I. Cheque for opening of New Accounts should not be dropped in drop box.
3. Drop Box opening timings may be fixed with reference to cheque clearance hours in the circle/Post Office.
4. Concerned PA should collect the cheques from the drop box twice in a day at fixed timing, make a list of the cheques & then handover respective counters for depositing/making entries.
5. Proper Supervision to be made by the concerned supervisor on this to avoid any discrepancy or irregularity.
6. In case of any discrepancy noticed, depositor should be intimated through phone/ letter for completion of requsite details.
This issues with the approval of DDG(FS).
Assistant Director (SB-II)
Related to Your Search:
- Acceptance of withdrawal form along with SB passbook for subsequent deposit and opening of new accounts in GDS Branch post Offices
- Revision of cash acceptance limit in GDS Branch Post Offices and cash transaction limit at other SOLs
- Extension of MIS/ SCSS/ KVP/ NSC/ PPF schemes up to GDS Branch Post Office level through cheque
- Re-investment of maturity value of National Small Savings Scheme in the same or in other National Small Savings Schemes
- Department of Posts: Mandatory use opening of Savings Account in CBS Post Offices
- Minimum Balance Requirements In India Post Accounts and Other Details
- Opening a postal bank account just a phone call away
- CBDT: Tax deductors who default in depositing TDS by due date shall be liable for prosecution
- NPS – Booking of expenditure towards Interest on delayed/non- deposit of National Pension System Contributions