Avoid Tenure Posting with TA expenditure or Extend tenure upto 31.03.2021
No. 12-1/2019-SBP – II (Part-1)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110001
- All Chief Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager Business Development/Parcel/PLI Directorate
- Director, RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors Postal Training Centers
- Additional Director General, Army Postal Service, New Delhi
Subject: Guidelines for Tenure Transfer for the year 2020-21 to ensure economy in expenditure under TA/TP.
As you are aware that, Government of India has decided to impose cut on various heads of account to tackle situations arising out of pandemic of COVID-19. The budget cut is equally applicable to budget heads related to TA/TP related to transfer/ posting. In order to review the tenure transfer guidelines for ensuring economy in respective heads, the tenure transfer were kept in hold vide this office letter of even no dated 17.4.2020 and 06.05.2020. The guidelines have been reviewed in consultation with Vigilance Branch of Postal Directorate and it has been decided that circles may issue tenure transfer for the year 2020-21 following the under mentioned guidelines:-
Also check: Expected DA 2020
- With a view to keep the expenditure at the barest minimum, economy on TA/TP should be a major consideration in the decision making.
- Tenure transfer may be made in such a manner that it does not involve expenditure on TA/TP except in exceptional cases.
- Where ever transfer liability lies within the same station / office premises involving no TA/TP, tenure transfer order can be issued.
- Officials in C-class post offices / of doubtful integrity completing tenure / planned to be transferred will be transferred in such a manner that transfer does not attract expenditure on TA/ TP as far as possible. Where it is not possible to avoid TA/TP expenditure, the transfer orders be issued with TA/TP.
- If the official is already on extension, no further extension will be given based on these instructions. Such cases will be handled as per existing instructions on the issue.
- In all other cases, where it is not possible to transfer the officials following above guidelines, their tenure shall be extended till 31.03.2021 or until further orders whichever is earlier. However due care should be taken about the past work of the official, integrity and sensitivity of work allotted.
2. Where tenure transfer are already issued and implemented, such cases will not be opened. Where tenure transfer have been issued but not implemented, the cases will be reviewed based on these instructions.
Also read: Latest MACP orders from DoPT
3. These additional guidelines shall be in force till 31.3.2021 or until further orders whichever is earlier.
(Satya Narayana Dash)
Related to Your Search:
- Under Secretaries appointed on ad-hoc basis – Extension of tenure for another one year beyond 30.06.2016 – reg.
- DoP – Instructions regarding Rotational transfer
- DOPT ORDERS: Promotion to the grade of Deputy Secretary on ad-hoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 30.7.2013
- Extension of tenure of all the officers appointed under the Central Staffing Scheme or through CSB procedure
- Adhoc: Under Secretaries working on adhoc basis – Extension of period for one year beyond 31.05.2013
- Policy guidelines for Extension of tenure of Board level Incumbents where vigilance clearance is not available
- Punjab government: New guidelines for two-year extension in service after 58 years
- DoE Special Instructions for COVID-19 global pandemic relief operations Extension
- Revision of guidelines for considering placement under TBOP/BCR Scheme in cases where seniors are considered for placement at par with their juniors