Group of four Ministers led by Shri A.K. Antony to discuss the workers’ demands with the United front of trade unions
Ministry of Labour & Employment
GoM on Workers’ Demands
Government has set up a Group of four Ministers led by Shri A.K. Antony to discuss the workers’ demands with the United front of trade unions.
Two meetings of the Group of Ministers (GoM) were held on 18.02.2013 and 22.05.2013 in which the ten point Charter of Demand of the trade unions were discussed. The discussions remained inconclusive and it was decided that the issues/demands will be considered by the Group of Ministers themselves before further discussions with the Central Trade Unions representatives. As such, no final recommendation has been given by the GoM.
This information was given by Minister of State for Labour & Employment Shri Kodikunnil Suresh in the Lok Sabha today in reply to a written question.
Source : PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- 10 (+2) Points Charter of Demands of Central Trade Unions
- PM meets Trade Union Leaders
- Unions refuse to relent on strike call, talks with ministers collapse
- Government Initiatives on proposed Strike by the Central Trade Unions
- Out of 12 Central Trade Unions, Seven Unions went on strike – PIB Report
- Prime Minister’s Appeal to Central Trade Unions
- Next meeting with Trade Unions scheduled on 22-05-2013 due to the impact of Two days strike
- 12 Point Charter of Demands: Meeting of Labour & Employment Minister with Central Trade Union Organizations
- Strike under reconsideration – Govt assured on Bonus, Minimum wage and Labour law issues