Pay Matrix Level 8 to JE
Pay Matrix Level 8 to JE/CMA/DMS/JE(IT) in Railways
No. IV/NFIR/ 7 CPC (Imp)/2017/R.B. Part II
Shri Piyush Goyal,
Hon’ble Minister of Railways,
Dear Shri Goyal Sahib,
Sub: Grave injustice done by successive Pay Commission to the category of Junior Engineers and Senior Engineers in Railways-growing dissatisfaction, discontentment and frustration among Technical Supervisors – kind intervention requested.
Ref: (i) Hon’ble MR’s D.O. letter No. PC-VII/2015/R-U/9 dated 20/04/2017 to Hon’ble Finance Minister.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. IV/NFIR/7 CPC (Imp) /2017/R.B.- Part II dated 19/02/2018 to CRB and copy endorsed to MS. MF, FC, DG(P) etc.
(iii) NFIR’s PNM File No. 03/2018 and 10/2018.
NFIR has been pursuing the case of Graduate Engineers/Diploma Engineers and Supervisory Officials working in different Departments since several years at the level of Railway Ministry for rectifying the imbalances in their pay structure to ensure justice to these Supervisory Officials who have been let down not only by the previous Pay Commissions but also by the Railway Board.
Pursuant to NFIR’s follow up action through PNM fora (Agenda Item No. 03/2018 & 10/2018), the Railway Board through Action Taken Statement dated 10th May, 2018 has conveyed that the proposal regarding upgradation of 75% of Senior Supervisors from Level 7 (erstwhile GP 4600) to Level-8 (erstwhile GP 4800), to bring parity has already been sent to the Ministry of Finance and Hon’ble MR has also sent D.O. letter dated 20th April, 2017 to the Hon’ble Finance Minister seeking approval. The Railway Board has also informed the Federation that a meeting also been held with the Officials of Finance Ministry on 21st February, 2018 and action on hand for obtaining clearance.
NFIR brings to the kind notice of the Hon’ble MR that despite D.O letter of Hon’ble MR vide letter dated 20th April, 2017and discussions held by the Railway Ministry with Ministry of Finance on 21/02/2018, approval of Ministry of Finance has not yet been received. Hon’ble MR may kindly appreciate that in this case the Railway Ministry conceded that grave injustice has been meted out to Graduate Engineers, Diploma Engineers and Supervisory Officials in the Railway resultantly approached the Ministry of Finance to approve for upgradation of 75% posts of erstwhile GP 4600/Level-7 to erstwhile GP 4800/Pay Level-8.
Hon’ble MR may kindly appreciate that on this issue, there was an agreement between the full Board and the Federations for total replacement of GP 4600 (6th CPC)/Pay Level-7 of 7th CPC with GP 4800 (6th CPC)/Pay Level-8 of 7th CPC but sadly, the agreement has not been implemented till date.
NFIR, therefore seeks your kind intervention for the purpose of obtaining approval of the Ministry of Finance for upgradation of posts to GP 4800/- (Pay Level-8) without further delay.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Representation of NFIR regarding upgradation of pay structure of JEs/SSEs
- Grant of pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff promoted to same Grade pay of Rs.1800/0 (PB-1) – NFIR’s PNM Item No.32/2015.
- Provision of GP 42001- in PB-2/Level 6 of 7th CPC to the Dressers/OT Assistants working in Railway Hospitals/Health Units
- Denial of pay fixation benefit in the case of Sr. P. Way Supervisors (GP 4200 PB-2) merged with JE/P.Way (GP 4200+PB-2)
- Pay fixation in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC -1S Pay Band (Rs. 4440-7440) + GP 1300
- Training period of wards of deceased/medically decategorised Railway employees appointed on compassioate grounds as Technician Gr. III in (erstwhile GP 1900/Pay Level-2 of 7th CP)
- LAP – Accumulation of Earned Leave / Leave on Average Pay beyond the ceiling of 300 days
- MACP – Financial upgradation under MACPS to the staff joined on request transfer in lower post-correct implementation of extant orders
- Comprehensive transfer policy – Exemption from 5 years service condition – NFIR