Grant of TA / DA and Air Travel permission to Retired Railway Officers in connection with attending court related cases: Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 23.07.2019
The General Manager,
All Indian Railways / PUs,
(As per standard mailing list).
Sub: Grant of TA / DA and Air Travel permission to Retired Railway Officers to attend Courts for deposition as prosecution witnesses as sanction for prosecution authenticating authority.
The proposal regarding grant of TA / DA and Air Travel permission to retired railway officers to attend Courts for deposition as prosecution witnesses as sanction for prosecution authenticating authority has been considered by Board (MS & FC) and it has been decided that:
(i) TA / DA to such Retired Railway Officers may be considered in the same lines as applicable to Retired Inquiry Officers (Ws) as per para 815.1(5) of Indian Railways Vigilance Manual, i.e. in cases where the travel becomes inescapable, and so approved by the Competent Authority, the rate of TA / DA will be the same as applicable to the serving Railway Officers of equivalent rank.
(ii) Grant of Air Travel permission to Retired Railway Officers may be dealt with on case to case basis as is being done presently considering distance, place of journey, modes of travel available, time is taken and number of days involved. Competent Authority may consider eligibility same as applicable to the serving Railway Officers of equivalent rank.
While deciding Air Travel, the aspect that whether journey can be performed by overnight train would need to be seen as being done for serving officers and as is also applicable on civil side. On Air Travel issue, CRB had decided that need of the journey by Air and urgency that necessitate it should be seen. For example; while Delhi-Bangalore-Delhi would qualify for Air Travel, Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi can easily be covered by train comfortably.
This will also be subject to the other Terms & Conditions / instructions issued from time to time by Ministry of Finance / Board’s Office on ‘Air travel’.
Dy.Director Finance Estt-I
Related to Your Search:
- Railway Board Order – Grant of Air Travel permission to RPF / RPSF personnel on Jammu – Srinagar sector
- Air Travel entitlements for journeys on tour or training; revision of instructions
- Permission to Travel by Airlines other than Air India : Railway Board
- Grant of TA to Non-official members attending the SCOVA meetings Permission to perform AIR Journey for journey above 1000 kms.
- Grant of Individual or Group Cash Award to Railway Employees
- 7th CPC: Dress Allowance to officials discharging Prosecution functions on provisional basis
- Air Travel entitlements for journeys on tour or training revision of instructions
- Regularisation of TA / DA / LTC Claims on account of journey performed by booking of tickets from an agency other than the authorized travel agents
- LTC – Review of charges realised by Indian Railways for verification of PNR details