Grant of Special Casual Leave to a Central Government Servant who donates blood.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Old JNU Campus, New Delhi 110 067
Subject: Grant of Special Casual Leave for the Purpose of Blood Donation – Reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the provisions of this Department’s O.M. dated 8.10.1956, which for grant of Special Casual Leave to a Government servant who donates blood on that day.
In this regard, it is noted that presently this rule applies only to whole blood donation and does not cover apheresis donation. It is felt that rule should cover apheresis donation as well since it will have the added advantage of getting blood components like platelets, plasma etc.
In view of the above, it has now been decided that Special Casual Leave may be granted for blood donation or for apheresis (blood components such as red cells, plasma, platelets etc.) donation at licensed Blood Banks on a working day (for that day only) up to a maximum of 4 times in a year on submission of valid proof of donation.
Under Secretary to the Government of India)
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT Order: Grant of Special Casual Leave for the purpose of blood donation
- Dopt organize Blood Donation Camp on 22.6.2025
- Grant of special casual Leave to differently abled Railway employees
- Leave to a Central Government servant who is unlikely to be fit to return to duty
- Grant of Special Casual Leave (SCL) to office bearers of the AISCSTREA and AIOBCREF/A for attending the Informal Meeting
- Study Leave Interest on Leave Encashment for CG Employees
- FAQ on Study Leave – Dopt Orders
- Grant of Special Casual Leave to Railway employees from Hudhud Cyclone & J&K Flash floods effected
- What is the most extreme time of leave granted to a Central Government Employee?