Bye Election in 16/05/2016 – Grant of Paid holiday
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 12th May, 2016
Subject: Bye Election to fill the clear vacancies in Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana – Grant of Paid Holiday -regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that in connection with the Bye Election to Bye Election to fill the clear vacancies in Lok Sabha and State Legislative Assemblies of Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana – Grant of Paid Holiday – to be held on 16th May, 2016, the following guidelines, already issued by DOPT vide OM No. 12/ 14/99-JCA dated 10th October 2001, which would have to be followed for closing of the Central Government Offices including Industrial Establishments in the States of Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana.
(i) The relevant offices / organizations shall remain closed in the notified areas where Bye Election to the State Legislative Assemblies scheduled to be conducted.
(ii) In connection with bye-elections to State Assembly, only such of the employees who are bona-fide voters in the relevant constituency should be granted special casual leave on the day of polling. Special Casual leave may also be granted to an employee who is ordinarily a resident of constituency and registered as a voter but employed in any Central Government Organization/ Industrial Establishment located outside the constituency having a general/ bye-election.
2. The employees detailed on election duty may also be permitted to remain away from their normal duties on polling day(s) as also on the days required for performing journeys which might be undertaken in order to perform such election duty
3. The above instructions may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
4. This issue with the approval of Secretary (P).
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Election Holidays 2016 – Grant of Paid Holiday for CG Employees
- DoPT : Grant of Paid Holidays due to election to be held in various places on 28.5.2018
- Election Holiday 2019: Paid holiday to employees on the day of poll 23rd September 2019
- Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll – DoPT Orders
- Closing of Central Government Offices in connection with General Elections to Lok Sabha 2019 and General Election to the Legislative Assemblies – Grant of Paid Holiday
- ECI Orders – Grant of paid holiday to employees on the day of poll — Regarding
- DoPT: General Election to the Legislative Assemblies of Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan , Mizoram and Telangana, 2018 – Grant of Paid holiday on the day of poll
- Bye-Elections to fill the clear vacancies in the State Legislative Assemblies of Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland on 29.07.2017 – Grant of paid holiday
- Bye Election to fill the casual vacancy from 40 – Anantnag in the Legislative Assembly of Jammu & Kashmir – Grant of Paid Holiday to employees on the day of poll