Grant of Non Functional Grade Pay Rs. 5400 to Inspectors under ACP/MACP Scheme – CBDT Orders dated on 6.12.2018
OA No.1707/2016 filed by Shri R.K.Tripathi & Ors. Vs. UOI & Ors. before Hobble CAT PB, New Delhi – for grant of non-functional Grade Pay of Rs.5400/- in PB-2 to those Inspectors who were granted Grade Pay of Rs.4800/- due to ACP / MACP Scheme
By FAX/Speed post
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
North Block,New Delhi.
Dated 6th December,2018
Directorate of Human Resource Development(HRM),
Customs & Central Excise,507,Deep Shikha,
Rajendra Place,New Delhi-110 008
Subject: OA No. 1707/2016 filed by Shri R.K. Tripathi & Ors before Hon’ble CAT PB,New Delhi for grant of non-functional Grade pay of Rs. 5400/- in PB-2 to those Inspectors who were granted Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/-due to ACP/MACP Scheme
I am directed to say that as per extant instructions,non functional Grade pay of Rs.5400 in PB-2 (per-revised) is granted to those Superintendents/ Appraisers who have completed 4 years who was granted Grade pay of Rs. 4800/- Shri M.Subramaniam,the then Inspector who was granted Grade pay of Rs. 4800/-due to ACP scheme, got favorable judgment from the Hon’ble Supreme Court.Review Petition in the said case was also dismissed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court.
2.Consequent upon dismissal of Civil Appeal No.8883/2011 and Review Petition in Civil Appeal filed by UOI by Hon’ble Supreme Court,the judgement of Hon’ble High Court of Madras in M. Subramaniam has been implemented in consulation with D/o Expenditure.
3.Keeping in view a number of similar court cases in different Benches of CAT/Court being decided by CAT/High Court, in favour of petitioners,the matter was examined in the Board and a proposal was referred to D/o Expenditure tp consider extension of the direction of the Hon’ble Court in M.Subramaniam,to all similarly placed officers.Deptt.Of Expenditure vide note dated 12.11.2018 examined the matterand sought following clarifications:-
(i) How many individuals of which posts have been allowed the benefit so far?
(ii) How many similarly placed persons are to be covered in the benefit?
(iii) Whether the similarly placed persons are holder of the same post which was held by the individuals covered in the SLP?
(iv) The financial implications on the befit already allowed and the estimated financial implication on the similarly placed employees?
4.The details sought by D/o Expenditure vide note dated 12.11.2108 needs to be compiled from the Zonal Commissionerates. You are requested to kindly obtain the details/information on the points mentioned above from Zonal Commissionerate, compile it and furnish the same to the Board for taking up the matter with D/o Expenditure. Since a number of court cases are pending in CAT/High Court, it is requested to expedite this exercise and detail/information be made available to the Board, by 20.12.2018.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Court order Grant of NFSG Judgment of Hon’ble High Court of Madras Subramaniam Case 2010
- Deletion of MACP grant notice from 01.01.2006 rather than 01.09.2008 – High Court Order
- Grant of 3rd MACP in the grade pay of Rs.6600 – Filing Transfer Petitions before the Hon’ble CAT, PB, New Delhi
- Benefits under the MACP Scheme from 1.1.2006, as against 1.9.2008, the date provided in the MACP Scheme – Cases pending in High Courts
- Financial upgradation in the next promotional grade Hierarchy under MACP
- Implement the MACP Scheme from 01.01.2006: NCJCM writes to DoPT
- MACP on Hierarchy: Supreme Court dismissed the Govt. petitions against HC Decision
- Granting of MACP on Promotional Hierarchy: AIRF demands in respect of Junior Clerk
- Employees are unable to claim the ACP scheme over the MACP scheme since it is superior – Supreme Court