Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary – BPMS writes to OFB
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
(AN ALL INDIA FEDERATION OF DEFENCE WORKERS)
(AN INDUSTRIAL UNIT OF B.M.S.)
(RECOGNISED BY MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, GOVT. OF INDIA)
REF: BPMS / OFB / NDA / 200 (8/2/L)
The DDG (IR),
Ordnance Factory Board,
10 A, S.K.Bose Road,
Kolkata – 700001
Subject: Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary
Reference: PC of A (Fys) Kolkata letter No. Pay/Tech-II/1206/2015/13, dated 09.09.2015
With due regards, it is submitted that the issue of payment of Night Duty Allowance based on actual salary, instead of notional pay of Rs.2200/- was resolved vide MOD ID No. 17(4)/2012/D(Civ-II), Dated 08.05.2015 in compliance of Contempt Petition (CP No. 200/2014 Shri Arvind Girija Singh & Ors versus UOI & Ors.) based on the CAT Jodhpur directions in CA No 34/2008 dated 5.11.2009 and subsequent ratifications by Hon’ble High Court and Supreme Court of India.
We are surprised to see the PC of A (Fys) letter cited under reference whereby ceiling for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance has been revised to Rs. 12380/- pay in Pay Band. We have strong objection on the issuance of this letter because PC of A (Fys) is not the competent authority to revise the ceiling of entitlement for NDA unilaterally as the original order has been issued by Ministry of Defence in consultation with Min of Finance, DoP&T, Def (Finance) and if there was any doubt regarding eligibility, PC of A (Fys) should have asked for clarification from the competent authorities through prescribed channels.
Further, all the court cases regarding revision of night duty allowance was related to the notional ceiling of Rs. 2200/- per month and this issue was resolved by ordering the NDA on the actual salary and nowhere court further fixed any real or notional ceiling. Even it has been already clarified in the earlier order which states that entitlement ceiling of Rs. 2200/- is not applicable to existing categories who are getting NDA. Prior to implementation of recommendations of 6th CPC, IEs / NIEs / NGOs upto Assistant Foreman (Technical) was entitled for Night Duty Allowance being a non-gazetted supervisory staff but now the post of Assistant Foreman is merged with JWM which is a gazetted supervisory post in OFB. Hence, all the Industrial / Non-Industrial & Non – Gazetted Supervisory staff are entitled for NDA on the basis of actual salary.
Therefore, you are requested to intervene into the matter so that all IEs/NIEs/NGOs may get the NDA as per actual salary in compliance with the court pronouncements in letter and spirit.
(M P SINGH)
Related to Your Search:
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay, without any ceiling and should be correlated with the pay of 7th CPC
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of actual salary of 6th CPC
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary- Implementation of Courts Judgement
- Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – Clarification regarding Fixation of Ceiling of pay for entitlement
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary – Implementation of Courts Judgements – BPMS
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance from Railway employees who have become ineligible to get NDA after issue of Board’s letter dated 29th Sep 2020
- Reduction in the amount of 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance as compared to 6th CPC and imposition of pay ceiling at Rs. 43,600/- for entitlement of NDA
- Method of Night Duty Allowance and Night Shift Bonus Calculation for Industrial Employees