National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to those non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level beyond level-8 under MACPS
भारत सरकार/ GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय/ MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड/ RAILWAY BOARD)
RBE No. 14/2022
New Delhi, dated 04.02.2022
The General Managers and PFAs,
All Indian Railways
and Production Units etc.
Sub: Clarification regarding grant of National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to those non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level under MACPS.
Ref.: Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2017/HL-1 dated 30.08.2017.
In context of Board’s letter cited above, references have been received in Board’s office from some of the Zonal Railways, seeking clarifications regarding entitlement of National Holiday Allowance (NHA) to those non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level beyond level-8 under MACPS. This issue has also been raised in PNM Forum by AIRF as item No. 11/2018 and by NFIR as item No. 11/2018.
2. The matter has been examined in Board’s Office. MACPS provides for grant of financial upgradation to employees on personal basis and the concerned employees continue to discharge the duties and responsibilities of their substantive post. In view of this, it is clarified that National Holiday Allowance (NHA) may be granted to those eligible non-gazetted employees who are getting higher pay level beyond level-8 under MACPS, at the rates prescribed for the substantive post held by them.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
4. This disposes of NWR’s letter No. 600-3/faeu/vai/ vaserqairse/19/2020 dated 23/03/2021.
5. Please acknowledge receipt.
Related to Your Search:
- Seventh Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – Payment of National Holiday Allowance to non-gazetted Staff in Pay Level 9 and 10 on Indian Railways
- Clarifications regarding payment of Breakdown Allowance
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Reckoning Grade Pay Rs.4200/- Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS to the Station Master category in Railways
- Station Masters receive a financial upgradation under the MACP scheme
- MACP – Financial upgradation under MACPS to the staff joined on request transfer in lower post-correct implementation of extant orders
- Fixation of pay of the employees who got promoted to the post of higher Pay level after being granted the benefit of pay fixation on grant of financial upgradation under MACPS
- 7th Central Pay Commission accepted by the Government – National Holiday Allowance
- Indian Railways Holiday Homes on Shimla, Manali and Nainital Address