No. 21 /01/2016-P&PW(F)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare)
New Delhi, the 12th February, 2019
Sub :- Grant of Invalid Pension under Rule 38 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 – Clarification regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that Rule 38 and Rule 49 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 have been amended vide Notification No. 21/1/2016-P&PW(F) dated 4th January, 2019 (copy enclosed). The proviso to the amended Rule 38 of the CCS(Pension) Rules provides that a Government servant_ who retires from service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which permanently incapacitates him for the service before completing qualifying service of ten years, may also be granted invalid pension in accordance with sub-rule (2) of rule 49, subject to the conditions that the Government servant:
- (a) was examined by the appropriate medical authority either before his appointment or after his appointment to the service or post and was declared fit by that authority for Government sell/ice, and
- (b) fulfils all other conditions mentioned in this rule for grant of invalid pension.
In this connection, it is clarified that the condition of qualifying service of ten years for grant of pension under Rule 49(2) of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 shall not be applicable in the case of a Government servant retiring on Invalid Pension on account of any bodily or mental infirmity, under Rule -A. Accordingly, Invalid Pension at the rate of 50% of emoluments or average emoluments, whichever is more beneficial, subject to a minimum of nine thousand rupees per mensem and maximum of one lakh twenty five thousand rupees per mensem, shall be payable to a Government servant who retires under Rule 38 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 even before completing a qualifying service of ten years.
All Ministries/Departments are requested that the above clarification ma) be brought to the notice of Fiends of Department, Attached and Subordinate Offices, Controllers of Accounts. Pay & Accounts Offices. etc, under them.
Hindi version will follow,
Related to Your Search:
- Government agrees to make Armed Forces personnel with fewer than 10 years qualified service Invalid Pension
- Don’t lay off or demote employees for disability: Centre
- Verification of qualifying service after 18 years service and 5 years service before retirement
- Verification of qualifying service after 18 years service and 5 years before retirement
- Compulsory Retirement Pension
- Minimum 7 years of continuous qualifying service is required for grant of enhanced rate of Family Pension for the Armed Forces personnel
- Gazette Notification – Central Civil Services CCS (Pension) Second Amendment Rules, 2019
- Huge relief to CAPF personnel to extend Disability Compensation – Employees covered under NPS will get benefits under Rule 9 of Extra Ordinary Pension (EOP)
- Jammu & Kashmir – Civil Services Regulations : Amendment