Office of the Principal Controller of Defence
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD – 211014
Circular No. 484
Records PAO (ORs)
Subject : Grant of Family pension to dependent parents of deceased Armed Forces Personnel.
Reference : This Office Circular No.217 bearing No. Gts/Tech/0113-XLI dated 25.11.1998.
A copy of GOl, MOD letter No.1 (2)/2012/D (Pen/Pol), dated 15 May 2012 is enclosed for information and further necessary action.
2. It has been clarified by GOI, MOD that in the case deceased Armed Forces Personnel is not survived by a widow/widower or child, the dependent parents become directly eligible to receive family Pension. In case where a deceased Armed Forces Personnel is survived by a widow / widower or child and position changes subsequently because of death or remarriage of the spouse and / or death or ineligibility of child /children including disabled child, the dependent parents become eligible for Family Pension. However in terms of this Ministry’s letter No.17(4)/2008(2)/D (Pen/Pol) dated 12.11.2008, a childless widow subject to dependency criteria is entitled to the Family Pension even after remarriage. In such an event, the parents of the deceased Armed Force Personnel become entitled to the Family Pension only after the childless widow dies or when her independent income from all sources becomes equal to or higher than prescribed dependency criteria under the rule.
3. In view of the above you are requested to verify your records and initiate Ordinary Family Pension claims of the affected personnel as per the provision of above Government letter to G-4 Section of this office supported with Sheet Roll,OFP claim and income certificate.
Please acknowledge receipt.
(S B MATHDEVRU)
Source : www.pcdapension.nic.in
Related to Your Search:
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Simplification of Pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Simplification of Pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents: MoD’s instructions to open a bank account and submit to PSA
- CPAO’s Instructions: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent parents
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Simplification of pension process for permanently disabled children/siblings and dependent patients – instructions reg
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Family Pension by Pensioner Portal
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Implementation of income criteria for dependent parents of Armed Forces Personnel for grant of two family pensions
- Family Pension to Divorced Daughters
- Eligibility of widowed/divorced daughters for grant of family pension – clarification reg