Grant of extension beyond the age of retirement to Central Government Employees – Dopt Orders
ACC is the competent authority to decide the cases of extension in service beyond the age of superannuation – Dopt issued orders regarding the extension of service after retirement of Central Government employees…
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
(Office of the Establishment Officer)
North Block, New Delhi
24th September, 2014
Sub: Grant of extension/re-employment to Central Government servants beyond the age of superannuation
Attention of all the Ministries/Departments is invited to the Government of India(Transaction of Business) Rules which prescribe that the ACC is the competent authority to decide the cases of extension in service beyond the age of superannuation. Attention is also invited to DoPT’s OM. No. 26012/6/2002-Estt, (A) dated 09.12.2002 on the subject mentioned above laying down instructions/criteria for grant of extension in service to the categories of personnel referred in proviso to F.R. 56(d). The ACC has observed that in sorne of the cases, the Departments are not taking timely action to reconstitute the Departmental Peer Review Committee (DPRC) and are unilaterally extending the service of the officers beyond the age of superannuation without first obtaining approval of the ACC.
2. It has also been observed that Ministries/Departments often submit proposals late to the EO Division as a result of which submission of cases for consideration of the ACC also gets delayed.
3. In view of the above, all the Scientific Ministries/Departments are hereby advised to take timely action for constitution of the DPRC for considering the cases for extension of service of specialists in medical or scientific fields, beyond the normal date of superannuation and ensure that proposals seeking approval of the ACC be invariably submitted at least two months in advance of the date of superannuation.
4. It is also reiterated that in absence of specific approval of ACC towards extension of his services beyond the date of superannuation, an officer should stand retired on his date of superannuation and under no circumstances should the Ministry/Department concerned extend his services beyond superannuation unilaterally without the approval & ACC
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt order – Considering the cases for extension of service of Scientists beyond the age of superannuation in DRDO
- Standing Peer Review Committee in respect of Ministry of Earth Sciences for considering the cases for extension of service of Scientists beyond the age of superannuation
- Composition of the Standing Peer Review Committee in respect of Ministry of Environment and Forests for considering the cases for extension of service of Scientists beyond the age of superannuation
- Punjab government: New guidelines for two-year extension in service after 58 years
- DOPT Order – Re-Constitution of Departmental Peer Review Committee for considering the cases for extension of service of Scientists beyond the age of superannuation
- Extension of Deputation Tenure up to seven years
- Extension of service of Scientists beyond the age of superannuation under FR56(d)
- Seeking ex-post facto concurrence for extension of deputation: DoPT Order
- Retirement Age of Scientist- Re-constitution of Committee for DRDO, DSIR, MoEF, MoES