Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Telecommunications
Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road,
New Delhi – 110001
CIRCULAR No. 74
Subject : Grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance -Recommendations of the 7th CPC -reg
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith a copy of Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions. Department of Personnel & Training OM No.21/11/2017-Estt. (Pay-II) dated 24th November, 2017 on the subject cited above for information / necessary action.
Encl: As above.
(R.Thamby Jeya Raj)
Section Officer (PAT)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 24th November, 2017
Subject: Grant of Deputation (Duty) Allowance – Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Regarding
This Department’s OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17.6.2010 inter-alia provides for rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance admissible to Central Government employees.
2. As provided in para 7 of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s Resolution No.1-2/2016-IC dated 25th July, 2016, the matter regarding allowances (except Dearness Allowance) based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) was referred to a Committee under the Chairmanship of Finance Secretary and until a final decision thereon, all Allowances have been paid at the existing rates in the existing pay structure.
3. The decision of the Government on various allowances based on the recommendations of the 7th CPC and in the light of the recommendations of the Committee under the Chairmanship of the Finance Secretary has since been issued as per the Resolution No.11-1/2016-IC dated 6th July 2017 of Department of Expenditure.
4. As mentioned at Sl.No.46 of the Appendix-II of the said Resolution dated 6th July 2017, the recommendation of the 7th CPC for enhancement of ceiling of Deputation (Duty) Allowance for civilians by 2.25 times has been accepted and this decision is effective from 15t July, 2017. Accordingly, the President is pleased to decide that the rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance and certain other conditions relating to grant ‘of Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall be as under:-
The Deputation (Duty) Aliowance admissibl,e shall be at the following rates:
(a) In case of deputation within the same station the Deputation (Duty) Allowance will be payable at the rate of 5% of basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.4500 p.m.
(b) In case of deputation involving change of station, the Deputation (Duty) Allowance will be payable at the rate of 10% of the basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.9000 p.m.
(c) The ceilings will further rise by 25 percent each time Dearness Allowance increases by 50 percent.
(d) Basic Pay, from time to time, plus Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall not exceed the basic pay in the apex level i.e. Rs. 2,25,000/- .In the case of Government servants receiving Non Practising Allowance, their basic pay plus Non-Practising Allowance plus Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall not exceed the average of basic pay of the revised scale applicable to the Apex Level and the Level of the Cabinet Secretary i.e. Rs.2,37,500/-.
Note: 1 ‘Basic pay’ in the revised pay structure (the pay structure based on 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations) means the pay drawn by the deputationist, from time to time, in the prescribed Level, in Pay Matrix, of the post held by him substantively in the parent cadre, but does not include any other type f pay like personal pay, etc.
Note: 2 In cases where the basic pay in parent cadre has been upgraded on account f non-functional upgradation (NFU), Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACP), Non Functional Selection Grade (NFSG), etc., the upgraded basic pay under such upgradations shall not be taken into account for the purposed of Deputation (Duty) Allowance.
Note: 3 In the case of a Proforma Promotion under Next Below Rule (NBR) : If such a Profoqna Promotion is in a Level of the Pay Matrix which is higher than that of the ex-cadre post, the basic pay under such Proforma Promotion shall not be taken into account for the purpose of Deputation (Duty) Allowance. However, if such a Proforma Promotion under NBR is in a Level of the pay matrix which is equal to or below that of the ex-cadre post, Deputation (Duty) Allowance shall be admissible on the basic pay of the parent cadre post allowed under the proforma promotion, if opted by the deputationist.
Note: 4 In case of Reverse Foreign Service, if the appointment is made to post whose pay structure and or Dearness Allowance (DA) pattern is dissimilar to that in the parent organisation, the option for electing to draw the basic pay in the parent cadre [alongwith the Deputation (Duty) Allowance thereon and the personal pay, if any] will not be available to such employee.
Note: 5 The term ‘same station’ for the purpose will be determined with reference to the station where the person was on duty before proceeding on deputation.
Note: 6 Where there is no change in the headquarters with reference to the last post held, the transfer should be treated as within the same station and when there is change in headquarters it would be treated as not in the same station. So far as places falling within the same urban agglomeration of the old headquarters are concerned, they would be treated as transfer within the same station.
5. Para 6.1 of this Department’s OM No.6/8/2009-Estt(Pay-II) dated 17.6.2010 stands amended to the above effect.
6. In so far as persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
7. These orders shall take effect from 1st July, 2017.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Deputation (Duty) Allowance to Central Government Employees – Recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission – DOPT Orders
- 7th CPC Deputation Allowance clarification in cases where the basic pay in parent cadre has been upgraded on account of NFU, MACP, NFSG, etc
- Method of 7th CPC pay protection in terms of Rule 7 of IPS Pay Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Deputation Duty Allowance – DoPT Order
- 7th CPC Revised Pay – Protection of pay in cases of deputation under CSS in terms of Rule 12 of CCS Rules, 2016
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Central Secretariat Deputation on Tenure Allowance
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance/pay fixation on appointment in the Personal Staff of Ministers
- Bureaucrats on central deputation abroad and within the country will not get deputation allowance beyond five years of such tenure
- Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA)