Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar
|Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said the official notification for OROP scheme will be issued before Diwali.|
New Delhi: The official notification for One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme will be issued before Diwali, defence minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said.
The announcement comes on a day when protesting ex- servicemen decided to step up their protests and return their medals across the country starting 9 November.
“As you are aware, it will be issued before Diwali,” Parrikar told reporters in New Delhi in reply to a question when the official notification on OROP will come out.
The government had on 5 September announced the OROP scheme for the veterans but an official notification was awaited.
The government has cited the Model Code of Conduct for the Bihar polls as the reason behind the delay. Even after government had announced OROP scheme, a section of the veterans had continued their protest citing seven lacunae, including annual equalisation, 2013-14 as the base year among others.
Related to Your Search:
- OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar
- Ex-Servicemen Launch Protest Against One Rank One Pension Notification
- No VRS in defence services and so OROP will be applicable in PMR (Pre-mature Retirement)
- Let veterans prove OROP stir is not politically motivated, says Parrikar
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP
- Ex-servicemen stage protest outside Jaitley residence for changing OROP scheme
- Behaviour of ex-servicemen protesting the notification on OROP scheme is “unlike that of a soldier
- Latest news on OROP – Delegates of NeXCC discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- In One Rank One Pension Rs.8000 Crore Diwal Gift for Veterans-NDTV