Government servant getting retirement benefit from deputation office
Appointment to a post on deputation basis is made for a period normally specified in the Recruitment Rules of the deputation post, unless the period of deputation is extended by the Government in terms of prevailing instructions. After expiry of such deputation period, the Government servant is required to revert back to the parent organization/ office. The Guidelines regulating premature repatriation from Central Deputation also provide for repatriation to parent cadre in certain cases such as to avail benefit of promotion. However, there are no specific instructions which require a Government servant on deputation to be reverted back to the parent organization/ office before retirement only to facilitate fixation of pensionary benefits.
Rule 33 of Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules prescribes the emoluments to be taken into account for calculating pension.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Motilal Vora in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Premature repatriation from Inter-Cadre Deputation.
- Facility of concessional retention of General Pool Residential Accommodation at the last place of posting to Central Government employees transferred to NER, Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and to the State of J&K
- Dopt Orders – Extension in deputation tenure beyond the prescribed limit of seven years/premature repatriation from a Non – Central Staffing Scheme post – reg
- Seeking ex-post facto concurrence for extension of deputation: DoPT Order
- Provision regarding mandatory cooling off period between two deputations for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers
- Senior Citizen Entitlement of Employees
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- Filling up of posts of Deputy Passport Officer (DPO), Assistant passport officer (APO) & Passport officer (PO) in Passport Offices under Ministry of External Affairs (CPV Division) on deputation basis-reg
- Amendments in the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission