Ministry of Defence
Government decides to allow Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel with less than 10 years of qualifying service
15 JUL 2020
The Government has taken a decision to allow Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel with less than 10 years of qualifying service. Invalid pension is granted to the Armed Forces Personnel who is invalided out of service on account of disability which is accepted as Neither Attributable to Nor aggravated (NANA) by Military Service. The proposal has been approved by Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh. Benefit of this decision will be available to those Armed Forces Personnel who were in service on or after 04.01.2019.
Also check: Pension Scheme for Armed Forces
Earlier, the minimum period of qualifying service actually rendered and required for invalid pension was 10 years or more. For less than 10 years qualifying service, invalid gratuity was admissible. By this decision, Armed Forces Personnel whose service is less than ten years and became /become invalided out of service on account of any bodily or mental infirmity which is Neither Attributable to Nor Aggravated (NANA) by Military service and which permanently incapacitated/ incapacitates them from military service as well as civil re-employment, will be benefited and it will make them economically sound.
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Invalid Pension under Rule 38 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Don’t lay off or demote employees for disability: Centre
- Disability Benefit to Defence Personnel
- Disability pension and compensation to ex servicemen and cadets
- Provision of Invalid Pension to Armed Forces Personnel before completion of 10 years of qualifying service
- Grant of Disability Pension
- Grant of Disability Element to Armed Forces Personnel who were retained in service despite disability attributable to or aggravated by Military Service and subsequently proceeded on prematurel voluntary retirement prior to 01.01.2006
- Minimum 7 years of continuous qualifying service is required for grant of enhanced rate of Family Pension for the Armed Forces personnel
- Meaning of an Ex-Servicemen – Revised Definition