‘Good’ to ‘Very Good’ – 7th CPC enhancing the performance level for MACP and Regular Promotion
The 7th Pay Commission has recommended on the benchmark level for MACP and Regular Promotion in Central Government services.
The 7th Pay Commission feels that a significant change is required in promotion aspect. The benchmark for performance appraisal for MACP as well as for regular promotion.
The Commission recommends that this benchmark, in the interest of improving performance level, be enhanced from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good.’
In addition, introduction of more stringent criteria such as clearing of departmental examinations or mandatory training before grant of MACP can also be considered by the government.
And also the Commission is proposing withholding of annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the benchmark either for MACP or a regular promotion within the first 20 years of their service.
Related to Your Search:
- Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP) – 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th Pay Commission Notification: No annual increment for non-performing employees
- 7th Pay Commission – No Annual Increment for Non Performing Employees
- 7th Pay Commission – Weekly Work Report to Decide Annual Increment
- Performance is the main constraint on Annual Increment in 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission – Finmin: MACP on performance to be reconsidered ?
- Change in criteria for benchmarking of ACR
- Change in criteria for benchmarking of ACR as per 7th CPC recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission : Government accepts Proposals on Promotion for Employees