General Provident Fund Interest Rate 8.7% for 2015-16
Government Decides to Fix Interest Rates at 8.7% for General Provident Fund(GPF) and other Similar Funds Including Special Deposit Scheme, 1975(SDS,1975) for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for the Financial Year 2015-16
It was decided by the Government to link the interest rates of State PFs (General Provident Fund and other similar funds) including Special Deposit Scheme, 1975 (SDS, 1975) for Non-Government Provident, Superannuation and Gratuity Funds for the FY 2015-16 to Public Provident Fund (PPF) rates. In pursuance of that decision, the Government has decided to fix the rates 8.7% per annum applicable to the following:-
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Service Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
The rate of interest is applicable to the above funds w.e.f. 1st April, 2015 and until further orders.
Recently, the Government had kept the interest rates for PPF and other Small Savings Schemes intact.
However, interest rates for 5 year Senior citizen Saving Scheme and Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme have been increased from 9.2 to 9.3% and 9.1 to 9.2% respectively, keeping in view the commitment of the Government towards the welfare of the girl child and the senior citizens.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Interest Rate @ 8.7% during the year 2014-15 for GPF and similar funds: FInmin Resolution
- Resolution – accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds – 2013-2014
- General Provident Fund interest rate of 7.9% (Seven point nine percent) w.e.f. 1st October, 2019 to 31st December
- General Provident Fund Interest Rate for 1st April to 30th June 2017 – Finmin Orders
- Interest Rate for General Provident Fund – Finmin Orders
- Government reduces interest rate on GPF to 8 percent
- General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry (Seven point nine percent) w.e.f. 1st July, 2019 to 30th September, 2019
- GPF and similar funds Interest Rate – 8% (Eight percent) w.e.f. 1st January, 2019 to 31st March, 2019
- General Provident Fund (GPF) Interest Rate from January 2018 to March 2018