General Budget 2014-15: NFIR Presents list of proposals to be considered
NFIR has made a list of all the proposals that Central Government employees expect in the 2014-15 General Budget.
On the 11th of this month, Mr. Raghavaiah, the General Secretary of NFIR, sent a letter to the Finance Ministry, containing certain proposals that are worth considering.
The letter contains nine points that deserve serious consideration from the Ministry. These points were formulated based on the needs and demands of about 34 lakh Central Government employees, including 14 lakh Railway workers.
Income tax exemption should be raised to Rs. 5 lakhs for individuals and Rs. 7 Lakhs for senior citizens.
The 7th CPC should be instructed to submit an Interim Report on the DA Merger.
Maximum bonus limits should be raised to Rs. 10,000.
The New Pension Scheme must be discarded in accordance to the request by the Railway Ministry.
Additional pension must be granted to pensioners over the age of 70.
The longstanding demand, for exempting Transport Allowance from Income Tax calculations, must be granted.
MACP Scheme should also be extended to teachers and lecturers working in Central Government institutions.
Earned Leave and LAHP should be granted to teachers and lecturers working in Central Government institutions.
All allowances should be exempted from income tax calculations.
Related to Your Search:
- General Budget 2013 : NFIR Proposals for General Budget – 2013
- Grant HRA at the Rate of 30%, 20% & 10% of 7th CPC Pay – NFIR
- Budget 2014 – CII suggests raising 80C deductions to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs
- Proposals by the NFIR for review and inclusion in the budget proposals before Parliament
- Budget 2019 : Income Tax exemption limit raised to Rs. 5 lakh
- Income tax reduced by 5% for Income upto Rs. 5 lakh: Budget 2017
- NFIR writes to PM to withdraw of Budget proposal to levy Income Tax on Provident Fund
- INDWF proposals for General Budget 2013
- NFIR – Highly disappointing Rail Budget