Fixed Medical Allowance: Reduction of jurisdiction of Postal Dispensaries from 8 km. to 2.5 km at par with the Railways
Reduction of jurisdiction of Postal Dispensaries for the purpose of Fixed Medical Allowance to pensioners from 8 km. to 2.5 km at par with the Railways- DoT Order:-
Government of India
Ministry of Communications &1.T.
Department of Telecommunications
Sanchar Bhavan, 20-Ashoka Road
New Delhi 110001
Dated : 7-01-2014
Subject: Jurisdiction of Postal Dispensaries located at Guntur, Rajamundry, Net lore, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Dibrugarh, Silchar, Chhapra, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Raipur, Vadodara, Ambala, Dhanbad, Behrampur, Cuttack, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ajmer, jodhpur, kota, Tirchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Moradabad, Saharanpur, Varanasi, Jalpaigiri and Siliguri with regard to FMA for pensioners.
In pursuance to that Deptt. of Post order No.2-2/2012-Medical dated 16.8.2013, I am directed to convey the instructions with regard to P&T dispensaries located at above mentioned places and FMA to pensioners are as below:-
1. The reduction in jurisdiction of the above mentioned postal dispensaries for the purpose of Fixed Medical Allowance to pensioners from 8 km. to 2.5 km at par with the Railways.
2. These order shall supercede all earlier orders on the subject and shall come into force w.e.f 01.09.2013.
3. All pensioners residing beyond 2.5 km. radius of the above cited dispensaries and desirous of availing Fixed Medical Allowance shall give an undertaking to this effect and surrender their Postal Dispensary cards to the Incharge of their respective dispensaries, who shall endorse the same on the said undertaking for submission to the Pension Paying Authority.
4. The Pension Paying Authority shall make necessary entries on the PPO of the Pensioner concerned and disburse FMA along with the pension as per prevailing rates (at present it is Rs.300/- per month).
Asstt Director General to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance – Undertaking is required to be submitted once every year alongwith other certificate
- IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all Pensioners
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification by Railway Board
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners – Railway Board Orders
- Fixed medical allowance – FAQ
- Clear endorsement regarding Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners / Family Pensioners
- FMA News in 7cpc revisionist
- Pensioners eligible for Fixed Medical Allowance from the date of application for FMA
- Fixed Medical Allowance to CG Pensioner residing non-CGHS area: PCDA Circular