Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Enhanced FMA payable with effect from 19th November, 2014
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi. dated 19.12.2014
The General Managers/ CAO(R).
All Indian Railways & PUs
(As per standard mailing list)
Subject- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railway pensioners/family pensioners-regarding.
At present Fixed Medical Allowance is granted to the Railway pensioners/family pensioners residing in areas beyond 2.5 Kms of Railway Hospital/Health Unit for meeting expenditure on their day-to-day medical expenses that do not require hospitalization. Orders were issued Vide Board’s letter of even number dated (RBE No.92/2010) for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical from Rs.100/- to Rs.300/-p.m. w.e.f. 01.09.2008.
2. In this connection, Department of Pension Welfare (DoP&PW). the nodal department on the subject, have advised vide their O.M. No. 4/25/2008-P&PW(D), dated 19.11.2014 that the demand for enhancement of Fixed Medical Allowance has been under consideration of the Government for some time past and the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance has been enhanced from Rs.300/- to Rs.500/- per month, subject to the fulfilment of the conditions (i) pensioner should be residing beyond 2.5 kms from the nearest health unit and (ii) the pensioner should not be availing OPD facility (except in case of chronic disease). The other conditions for grant of fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be as contained in Board’s letter No. PC-V/98/I/7/1/1, dt. 19.05.1999 (RBE No.109/99) read with Board’s instructions dt. 01.03.2004.
3. These orders will take effect from 19th November, 2014 i.e. the date of issue of DOP&PW’S OM on the subject.
4. This issue with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways
5. Hindi version is enclosed.
Dy.Director, Pay Commission – V
Related to Your Search:
- Clear endorsement regarding Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners / Family Pensioners
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Railway Pensioners – Railway Board Orders
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Widowed/Divorced/Unmarried daughter in receipt of family pension- clarification by Railway Board
- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme – Railway Board Orders
- 7th CPC Revision of Pre-2016 Pensioners: Railway Board order on Concordance tables
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- 7th CPC revised conveyance allowance rates for Railway Medical Officers
- Harmonization of the cadre structure of Medical Laboratory Staff of Indian Railways with those in Central Government Hospitals
- Fixation of Pay of re-employed pensioners – treatment of Military Service Pay (MSP)