Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale: NFIR
N F I R
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
No. II/6/Part 7
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale-reg.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-92/PM2/ 16 dated 20/08/1993.
(ii) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2001/PM2/ 12 dated 21/01/2002.
(iii) Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-201 1/PM1/2 dated 12/09/2014
The extant instructions provide opportunity to the staff who fulfill the conditions of educational qualification etc., laid down for direct recruitment, to appear for GDCE against 50% DR Quota vacancies for pursuing their career. The policy decision of Railway Board Vide letters cited under reference does not give opportunity to the staff of same Grade Pay/Pay Scale to apply for GDCE and face examination for the same Grade Pay/Pay Scale post as the provision allows only those in the lower Grade Pay/Pay Matrices Level.
The above subject was also discussed informally with the Director General (Personnel) on 26th May 2017.
NFIR is of the view that the staff of the same Grade Pay/Pay Matrices should also be made eligible to volunteer and appear for GDCE as is allowed in the case of those working in the lower Grade Pay/Pay Matrix Level. NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to kindly review the extant instructions and modify the same to facilitate those who are in the same Grade Pay avail the opportunity of GDCE. It is also requested that GDCE be made as a regular scheme for filling 50% DR Quota vacancies annually by the Zonal Railways etc., to facilitate talented and highly educated staff to avail the scheme for improving their career.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Related to Your Search:
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- MACP Scheme for Graduates Clerks selected through LDCE/GDCE – clarification by Railway Board
- MACP Anomaly : NFIR writes to Railway Board to rectify the anomaly with illustrations.
- Eligibility for selection against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000 Level-3
- Filling up of supervisory posts of Accounts Department
- Filling up of posts of Multi-Tasking Staff (erstwhile Group ‘D’ post) in Railway Board by absorption basis in Level-I of Pay Matrix (Pre-revised: Pay Band-1 (Rs.5200-20200) and Grade Pay Rs.1800) from the employees of Zonal Railways/Production Unions
- NFIR: General Departmental Competitive Examination – Consolidated instructions
- MACP Scheme for Railway Servants-treatment of employees selected under LDCE/GDCE – Clarification reg.
- Denial of option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix to the staff inducted from the post of Diesel/Electric Loco Technician to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot against 50% quota vacancies-review requested