Filing of assets details by Government officials
The Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 requiring declaration of assets and liabilities in respect of public servants, their spouses and dependent children has been amended by the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Amendment) Act, 2016 on 29.07.2016. The Amended Act shall be deemed to have come into force on 16.01.2014. The amended Section 44 reads as:
“44. On and from the date of commencement of this Act, every public servant shall make a declaration of his assets and liabilities in such form and manner as may be prescribed”
The Government had introduced the Lokpal & Lokayuktas and other related Law (Amendment) Bill 2014, which inter-alia proposes to amend certain provisions of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 so as to provide for situations where the composition of the Selection Committee is deficient/incomplete due to absence of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, etc.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri A. Vijayakumar in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under amended Section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act 2013
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 — filing of Returns by public servants – extension of last date – regarding
- Declaration of assets filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15.4.2016
- Central Govt Employees, dont need to file assets declaration in 2016
- FILING ASSETS AND LIABILITIES IS MANDATORY FOR EVERY PUBLIC SERVANTS
- Clarification regarding formats to be used for filing property returns by CG Employees
- Deadline for central government employees to declare assets extended
- The Lokpal and Lokayktas Act, 2013 — Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by the public servants
- Dopt clarification orders regarding declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013