No.18/1/2020- P&PW(H)- Vol-III- 6786
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
8th Floor, Janpath Bhavan,
Janpath, New Delhi,
Dated: 23 November, 2020
Subject: Extension of period for submission of Life Certificate by Central Government pensioners till February 28, 2021.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 18/1/2020- P&PW(C) -6681 dated 11th September, 2020 regarding the extension of timeline for submission of Life Certificate by Central Government pensioners from 1st November, 2020 onward, till 31st December 2020.
2. This Department has been in receipt of numerous petitions from various Pensioners’ Associations as well as individuals requesting a further extension in the date for submitting Life Certificate, in view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the vulnerability of elderly population to Corona Virus. After consultation with the office of Controller General of Accounts, it has now been decided to further extend the existing timeline for submission of Life Certificate. This year, all pensioners may submit Life Certificate from 1st November, 2020 onward, till February 28, 2021. During this extended period, the pension will be continued to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) uninterrupted.
Need not visit office of Pension department or pension disbursing agency for submission of Certificate
3. The above measures are expected to avoid rush at branches, stagger the submission of the LCs by the elderly population while maintaining social distancing, and to that extent, prevent the spread of Corona virus. PDAs shall also ensure proper arrangements and social distancing measures at the branches and prevent overcrowding.
4. All Pension Disbursing Authorities are requested to take note of this OM for compliance and give wide publicity to the same amongst pensioners.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Related to Your Search:
- Every Central Government pensioner has to submit life certificate from October 2020 till December 2020
- EPFO extends time limit for Pensioners upto 28th February 2021 for submission of Jeevan Pramaan Patra; 35 Lakh pensioners with EPFO to benefit
- SAMPANN – Life Certificates LC – Digital Life Certificates submission by pensioners – DoT
- EPFO facilitates multiple options for submission of Digital Life Certificate by EPS pensioners
- DoPPW – To make life easier for senior citizens to apply their annual lifetime pension certificate
- Physical Verification of Retired Employees in Indian Railways
- Senior Pensioners aged 80 years and above be allowed to submit their Life Certificate
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- Railway Pensioners Need to Submit ‘Life Certificate’