If the AICPIN is not reduced next month, DA will be nearly 31 percent in July 2021.
Download the April 2021 AICPIN Press Release PDF – The April 2021 AICPIN increased by 0.5 points to 120.1.
The Labour Bureau has publishes the All India Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (AI CPI-IW) for the month of April 2021. The index increased by 0.5 points and stood at 120.1 (one hundred twenty and point one). On 1-month percentage change, it increased by 0.42 per cent with respect to a previous month whereas there was a decline of 0.92 per cent between corresponding months a year ago.
The maximum upward pressure in current index came from Food & Beverages group contributing 0.43 percentage points to the total change.
The increase is a minor one but giving considerable impact on expected Dearness Allowance, the CPI-IW upto the month of April 2021 is using for the calculation of the Dearness Allowance from July 2021, and two more figures are required for this. The government has frozen the DA till June 2021. Hence it is expected that the Hike DA will be available from the month of July 2021 or even earlier. The following table is showing that DA/DR from July 2021 is expected to be 31%. If next month’s CPI (IW) will reduce to more than 0.2 points be less than 119.9 points the DA/DR from July 2021 can stop at 30%. With this four months figure, it is now clear that the rate of DA from July 2021 almost be 31%.
Expected DA from July 2021 – DA almost be 31%
|Expected DA from July, 2021|
Dearness Allowance table released or calculated by the 7th Central Pay Commission
|Month||CPI (IW) Base Year 2016 = 100||CPI (IW) Base Year 2001 = 100||7CPC DA released or computed|
|Jan, 20||330||21% [approved]|
|Jul, 20||336||24% [confirm]|
|Jan, 21||118.2||340||28% [confirm]|
|Jul, 21||120.1||346||31% [expected]|
The next issue of CPI-IW for the month of May, 2021 will be released on Wednesday 30th June, 2021. The same will also be available on the office website www.labourbureaunew.gov.in.
Related to Your Search:
- AICPIN FOR APRIL 2014 – EXPECTED DA JULY 2014 – 4th STEP COMPLETED
- From July 2021, DA should not fall below 30% and should not rise above 31%.
- Expected DA : 90% DA from July, 2013 may be announced in view of AICPIN, May 2013
- Expected DA July 2014 – Finally it concludes at 7%
- From July 2021, the expected DA for central government employees will not exceed 31 percent
- The rate of DA from July 2015 will have an increase of 6 percent
- Calculation starts for expected DA from January 2017
- Expected DA from July, 2013 will be 90%: Hike in future DA – 10% now confirmed after May, 2013 AICPIN
- AICPIN for July 2014 – 6 Points increased and stands at 252