Ministry of Labour & Employment
ESIC wins ‘ISSA GOOD Practice Award, Asia & the Pacific 2018’
08 OCT 2018
The Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) has won the ISSA Good Practice Award’ for Administrative Solution for Coverage Extension at the “Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific” held at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia recently.
The award recognizes the measures taken by ESIC for extension of coverage-SPREE (Scheme for Promoting Registration of Employers and Employees), reduced rate of contribution rates for 24 months in newly implemented areas and raising the wage limit for coverage under the ESI Act, etc.
Shri Raj Kumar, IAS, Director General, ESIC represented Employees’ State Insurance Corporation and received the Certificate of Merit on behalf of ESIC.
The Regional Social Security Forum for Asia and the Pacific is a triennial Forum, which is the most important social security event in the Region. For the triennial Regional Forum, ISSA invites submissions for the ISSA Good Practices Award for Asia and the Pacific Regions. The Forum provides unique opportunities to CEOs and Managers of ISSA Member Institutions to discuss key social security challenges and share their experiences.
The ISSA (International Social Security Association) is the principal international organization for Social Security Organizations, Govts. and Departments of Social Security. The ISSA, founded in 1927 under the auspices of the International Labour Organization (ILO), Geneva, promotes excellence in social security administration through professional guidelines, expert knowledge, services and support to enable its Members to develop dynamic social security systems.
The ESI Corporation hosts ISSA Liaison Office for South Asia at New Delhi. The Liasion Office coordinates with the Member countries and Social Security Institutions in Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Iran on activities of ISSA related to social security.
Related to Your Search:
- ESIC Calendar and Diary 2018
- Salary Disbursement for October, 2016 on 28.10.2016 : ESIC
- The Government is Committed for Job Security, Wage Security and Social Security of the Workers
- ESIC: Recruitment of Around 5200 Various Posts in ESIC Under Way
- ESIC Approves the Enhancement of Wage Ceiling from Present Rs. 15,000 per Month to Rs. 21,000
- Clarification on grant of CCL and other related benefits for the third Child, in case of second surviving child : ESIC Orders
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC): Renovation of various hospitals run by State Government under Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIS)
- Grant of Grade Pay of Rs. 1800/- in PB-l to all group “D” Employees : ESIC Order
- May Day Celebration by Ministry of Labour and Employment