Incentive use of own transport, following a mileage allowance, may be given to officers and staffs to make critical services from office in compliance with their controlling officers roster/orders
Employees Provident Fund Organisation MES
(Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India)
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
14- Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Dethi- 110066
Subject: Entitlement of Mileage allowance in addition to Conveyance Allowance during COVID-19 Lockdown – regarding.
As you are aware, the services of EPFO have been brought under the essential services in public interest and it calls for skeletal attendance of officers and staff at various offices for carrying out the requisite functions. As public transport is not available during the lockdown declared by Central Government on account of COVID-19. Officers and staff may be required to use their own vehicles for coming to office to perform essential duties. Accordingly, in order to incentive’s usage of own conveyance, following mileage allowance may be provided to officers and staff attending office to render essential services from office in accordance with roster/orders of their controlling officers.
- Mileage allowance will be admissible for Two / Four-wheeler vehicles used and at the corresponding rates (as being used to regulate TA bills) specified by competent Government Authorities where office is located.
- Distance will be counted by shortest route in accordance with Google Maps from office to declared place of residence as per service book of concerned officials multiplied by 2.
- Officials will give only one consolidated self-certified bill for claiming above Mileage allowance within 30 days of lifting of lockdown orders by Government of India.
- Officials using staff car or car hired by office wouldn’t be entitled tor above Mileage Allowance.
- Above mileage allowance will be admissible in addition to Transport Allowance payable under FR&SR.
- Authorities empowered to pass TA Bills as per delegation of financial powers will be competent to pass above bills.
[This issues with the approval of CPFC]
Regional PF Commissioner (HRD)
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Transport Allowance is granted to Central Government employees during Nationwide Lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic – DoE
- Providing vaccine of Corona to the Postal Employees on priority basis – NFPE
- Conveyance Allowance admissible to CGHS Doctors
- Transport Allowance and Travelling Allowance Rules at a glance
- Absence during COVID-19 lockdown period – Clarification issued by Department of Space for their employees
- Central Public Sector Enterprises Preventive measures to be taken to contain the spread of COVID19
- Implementation of the recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission- Conveyance Allowance
- Clarification on regularization of absence during COVID-19 pandemic lockdown period – DoPT dated 1st March 2021
- Regularization of absence during COVID-19 epidemic lockdown period – Latest DoPT Order