File No. 1RM-V/11(07) Compassionate Appointment / Policy Matter/2019 /Vol.III/1/478/2020
कर्मचारी भविष्य निधि संगठन
EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION
श्रम एवं रोजगार मंत्रालय, भारत सरकार
MINISTRY OF LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
मुख्य कार्यालय/Head Office
भविषयूव निधि भवत, 34, भीकाजी कामा प्लेस, लई दिलली-110066
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
Website: www.epfindia.gov.in, www.epfindia nic.m
The Addl. CPFC (HQ) / Addl. CPFC (Zones)/
Director (PDNASS)/ Addl. CPFC (ASD)
All Regional PF Commissioners/ OIC of Regional Offices
Guidelines for Appointment on Compassionate grounds – Revised delegation of Administrative Powers – Regarding.
Ref: (i) HO letter no HRM-V/11(7)/ 2019/CA Policy Matter/Vol-III/1/474/2020 Dated: 23.07.2020
(ii) HO letter no. HRM-V/IV/11(7)/ 2015/CA Policy Matter/Vol.J/ 4563 Dated 29.06.2018.
Please refer to HO Letter under reference (i) conveying the delegation of powers for appointment on compassionate ground of an eligible dependent family member of a deceased /missing employee or an employee retired on medical grounds. The detailed guidelines for consideration of appointment on compassionate basis are enclosed herewith, which may scrupulously be followed to ensure uniformity and transparency of procedure across the country.
(This issues with the approval of the Central P.F. Commissioner.)
Encl.: As above.
Addl. Central PF Commissioner (HRM)
FOR COMPASSIONATE APPOINTMENT IN EPFO
A consolidated set of instructions on compassionate appointment was issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoP&T) vide OM No.14014/02/2012–Estt. (D) dated 16.01.2013 as amended from time to time. In view of the statutory nature of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), the said guidelines have been adopted for implementation in EPFO, subject to such delegation as deemed appropriate by the CBT, EPF and with such modification as deemed expedient by the circulars issued by the Head Office from time to time. (A list of such circulars/guidelines issued on the matter is enclosed as Annexure-I along with copies thereof for ready reference).
2. The CBT, EPF delegated the power of appointment on compassionate grounds to CPFC and the ACC (Zone) in its 226 Meeting held on 05.03.2020. To give effect to the said delegation, a detailed set of procedural guidelines is laid down herewith. These guidelines shall further be subject to such amendment as deemed necessary by the DoP&T and Head Office from time to time.
3. The object of these guidelines is to bring uniformity and transparency in the procedure of granting approval for appointment on compassionate grounds to a dependent family member of an employee of the Central Board of Trustees (CBT), who died in harness or who is retired on medical grounds, thereby leaving his family in penury and without any means of livelihood, to relieve the family of the employee concerned from financial destitution and to help it get over the emergency.
Related to Your Search:
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – delegation of powers
- Declaration of Productivity Linked Bonus (P.L.B.) for the employees of the EPFO for the year 2017-2018
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- Grant of one time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointment in Ministry of Defence
- Appointment on compassionate grounds of family member of an ex- Railway servant.
- Important Questions asked on Compassionate Appointment
- Railways: Appointment on Compassionate Grounds: 2nd Wife Policy Letter
- Grant of one-time relaxation from the ceiling of 5% for compassionate appointments in the Ministry of Defence – BPMS
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – NFIR