The total number of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) member accounts as on 31.03.2016, as per Annual Report for 2015-16, is 17.14 crore. On an average, contributions have been received in respect of 3.76 crore members during the year 2015-16. The withdrawal facility from the Provident Fund (PF) account under the Scheme will be available to only those PF members who fulfill the conditions prescribed.
This information was given by Shri Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (IC) for Labour and Employment, in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment in EPF scheme for buying homes
- EPFO signs MoU with HUDCO under new Housing Scheme of EPF & MP Act-1952
- Pledging PF to buy home may soon become a reality
- Withdrawal under paragraph 68-BD of EPF Scheme, 1952 for housing needs of the PF members
- Amendment to the provisions of General Provident Fund (Central Service) Rules 1960 : liberalization of provisions for withdrawals from the Fund by the subscribers
- Provision and rules for NPS part withdrawal
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Amendment to the provisions of general Provident Fund (Central Service) Rules,1960-liberalization of provisions for drawal of advance from the Fund by the subscribers
- PF Withdrawal Made Easier, 2 Crore Employees to Benefit: 10 Facts
- New EPF withdrawal norms put on hold for 3 months