Ministry of Home Affairs
MHA approves entitlement of air travel to all personnel of CAPFs
21 FEB 2019
In a significant decision, the Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the entitlement of air travel on Delhi-Srinagar, Srinagar-Delhi, Jammu-Srinagar and Srinagar-Jammu sectors to all the personnel of Central Armed Paramilitary Forces. The decision will immediately benefit approximately 7,80,000 personnel of the CAPFs in the ranks of Constable, Head Constable and ASI who were otherwise not eligible earlier. This includes journey on duty and journey on leave, i.e; while going on leave from Jammu and Kashmir to home and return.
This facility is in addition to the existing air courier services for CAPFs that have been steadily extended in all sectors by the MHA to help the jawans cut down on travel time during their journey to and fro from home on leave.
In Jammu and Kashmir Sector, it may be recalled that Air Courier Service for CAPF jawans was approved for the Jammu-Srinagar-Jammu sector.
Subsequently, the Service was extended to cover 1) Delhi-Jammu, 2) Jammu-Srinagar, 3) Srinagar-Jammu and 4) Jammu-Delhi sector in Dec 2017. The number of flights were further extended in Dec 2018.
In addition, air support is provided from IAF as and when required.
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation for LTC travel by air to visit Jammu and Kashmir – Expected order from Dopt
- LTC by air extended for 2 more years
- Government Employees of Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh to get all 7th CPC Allowances from 31st October 2019
- Railway Board Order – Grant of Air Travel permission to RPF / RPSF personnel on Jammu – Srinagar sector
- CCS (LTC) Rules, 1988— Relaxation for travel by air to visit Jammu & Kashmir
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988 — Relaxation to travel by private airlines to visit Jammu & Kashmir Extension
- 7th CPC pay and allowances will be available to all the Government employees of UTs of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh
- LTC – Will Air Travel Continue for the Next 2 Years?
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules 1988 Relaxation to travel by air to visit NER, J and K and A and N