Engagement of a consultant in the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
Ministry of Personnel PG & Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 22nd May, 2019
Sub: Engagement of a consultant in the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
The Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare intends to engage a consultant to assist the Department for undertaking comprehensive review/revision of CCS (Pension) Rules and orders issued by the Government on the subject of pensionary benefits and other important issues requiring immediate attention. The revision and review of the rules etc. is being undertaken by the Department in compliance with recommendation of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the matter of UoI Vs. R. Sethumadhavan and Other. In addition, the Department may also assign the consultant any other work related to this Department.
Accordingly, applications are invited from retired Central Government
Employees having been retired from the post of Deputy Secretary/ Director or equivalent i.e., to say from any-post carrying the following Pay Band / Pay Matrix:
i. Rs.15600 – 39100 + 7600 Grade Pay;. or
ii. Rs.37400 – 67000 + 8700 Grade Pay; or
iii. Pay Matrix 12 or 13 under 7th CPC
MANDATORY SERVICE EXPERIENCE
The applicant should have a minimum of 3 years experience in dealing with
pension cases and pension related court cases of Central Government Employees.
Age should not be more than 65 years on the date of advertisement.
On selection, the consultant will be paid consolidated remuneration equivalent to his last pay drawn minus pension. He will also be paid Dearness Allowance on the ‘remuneration amount’ at the rates applicable for Central Government Employees on the date of engagement. No other allowance such as HRA / Transport Allowance etc. will be payable to the consultant.
The consultant may be required to undertake outstation visits also for which he will be paid Travelling Allowance/ hotel/ guest-house reimbursement as per rules applicable to equivalent scales.
DURATION OF ENGAGEMENT
The duration of engagement will be one year from the date of initial engagement which period may be curtailed or extended at the sole discretion of the Department and the same will be binding on the consultant.
The appointment of consultants would be on full-time basis and he will not be permitted to take up any other assignrnent during the period of Consultancy with the DoP&PW.
The appointment of consultant is of a temporary (non – official) nature and the appointment can be cancelled at any time by the Department without assigning any reason.
Retired central government officers desirous of consideration for the above assignment may submit their application in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I), to Shri AshokKumar Singh, Under Secretary (Admn.I), Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare, 3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi – 110 003 latest by 7th June, 2019 either in person or through post. Applications received beyond the closing date or giving false information will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected, Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated and department of Pension & PW reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
Encl. As above
(Ashok Kumar Singh)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT – Engagement of a consultant in the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
- Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare – Consultant in the Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
- Engagement of Consultant under the Plan Scheme ‘Pensioners Portal’.
- CPAO – Applications for engagement of Three Consultants on Contract Basis
- MoD – Engagement of Consultant at the level of Section officer and Private Secretary in Ministry of Defence
- DoPT Orders 2019: Engagement of Consultants in the National Crime Records Bureau
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Engagement of Retired Government Officers as Consultant on contract basis in the Directorate General of Health Services as Under Secretary level
- Retired government officers for engagement as consultants in the Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, on contract basis – DoPT
- Engagement of consultant Translators in MoD (Sectt)