Employment of Women in Indian Railways – PIB
Ministry of Railways
Employment of Women in Railways
26 JUN 2019
Around 3,650 women candidates have been given employment in the Indian Railways in technical categories in the last three years.
In the past few years, against notifications issued for various technical posts, a total of 2,79,60,224 applications were received and out of these, 46,76,928 (16.73%) were from women. Wide publicity is given to Railway recruitment notifications and every candidate, irrespective of gender, etc. fulfilling eligibility criteria is free to apply.
Application fee collected from women candidates are refunded to those who appear in the examination. Also, upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands, who are not remarried, is relaxed up to the age of 35 years. In addition, for Level-1 categories, relaxed qualifying standards for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for women candidates are applied.
Provisions of separate rest rooms, cloak rooms, changing rooms and crèches have been made to ensure safe working conditions for women employees.
Wide publicity is given to Railway recruitment notifications to encourage women candidates to apply for Railway jobs. Facility of online application form ensures that women are able to apply even from their home for Railway recruitment notifications.
This information was given by the Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of 1572 Chargeman (Non-Gazetted Group ‘B’) Vacancies in Ordnance Factories
- Railways massive recruitment drive to fill up its vacancies in various categories
- Criteria for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) regarding – Railway Board orders
- Women in CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces – PIB
- Ministry of Railways Announces one of the World’s Largest Recruitment Drive
- Ministry of Railways extends the relaxation in Upper Age Limit for all categories
- Railway Jobs – Railway Recruitment Board 12042 Technician Posts – Last date 16.7.2012
- Functioning of Railway Recruitment Board
- Railway Recruitment : Ministry of Railways announces recruitment for 13487 posts