Employment of women and girls in Government organisations/Agencies
The Government has been making concerted efforts to encourage the women to join Government service by providing some special facilities as enumerated below:
(i) maternity leave
(ii) child care leave
(iii) child adoption leave
(iv) special allowance to women with disability
(v) provision of crèche facility
(vi) posting of husband and wife at the same station
(vii) special priority in allotment of residential accommodation
(viii) provision for protection of women from acts of sexual harassment
(ix) special Leave connected with inquiry on sexual harassment
(x) age relaxation for appointment of widows, divorced woman and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried
(xi) special dispensation for woman officers of All India Services of North East cadre
(xii) exemption from payment of fee for examinations conducted by the Union Public Service Commission and Staff Selection Commission.
(xiii) Nomination of a women employee in Department Promotion Committee (DPCs). Institutional mechanisms, besides the Committees to prevent sexual harassment, exist in Government service for redressal of grievances of various nature of the women employees.
(xiv) Association of a lady member in Selection Committee/Board for 10 or more vacancies (at all levels).
This was stated by the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question by Shri Parimal Nathwani in the Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of leave provision under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 — Reg.
- Paid leave for sexual harassment victims
- 90 days paid leave for sexual harassment complainants at government
- SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE ACT 2013 – DoE
- Special leave to the female staff connected to inquiry of sexual harassment
- Sexual Harassment at WorkPlaces – Detailed report of complaints registered against sexual harassment state wise
- Central Government Employees to get 3 months paid leave in sexual harassment case
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment of working women at workplace – Seniority of the Chairperson of the Complaint Committee – regarding.