Ministry of Labour & Employment
17 DEC 2018
As regards Employees Pension Scheme (EPS), 1995, a minimum pension of Rs. 1,000/- per month has been prescribed with effect from 01.09.2014 for the pensioners under Employees Pension Scheme (EPS), 1995.
In the case of Atal Pension Yojana (APY), depending upon the pension plan selected, each subscriber under APY shall receive a guaranteed minimum pension of Rs. 1000 per month or Rs. 2000 per month or Rs. 3000 per month or Rs. 4000 per month or Rs. 5000 per month, after the age of 60 years until his/her death. If the actual returns during the accumulation phase are higher than the assumed returns for minimum guaranteed pension, such excess will be passed on to the subscriber. As such, the minimum pension depending upon the pension plan selected by the subscriber is fixed under the APY. Under National Pension System (NPS), there is no ceiling fixed for minimum pension.
Further, a High-Empowered Monitoring Committee has been constituted for complete evaluation and review of the EPS, 1995.
There is no provision for Dearness Allowance in EPS, 1995, as it is a self-funded scheme with fixed contributions. Further, Dearness Allowance is not applicable under NPS and APY as the pension under both depends upon the accumulated corpus at the time of exit which is market linked.
This information was given by Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar Union Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Hike Latest News: Minimum monthly pension of Rs. 3000 after attaining the age of 60 years
- Rs 100 crore released towards Government of India co-contribution in Atal Pension Yojana
- Online Statement Of Transaction (e-SOT) and the e-PRAN card launched for Atal Pension Yojana (APY) subscribers; More than 45 lacs subscribers to be benefitted
- EPS Pensioners protesting in Delhi on 27 February for the minimum monthly pension
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) reaches 53 lakhs subscribers base
- EPFO: Minimum monthly pension of Rs 1,000 to be a reality this month
- Now 97.05 lakh subscribers base under Atal Pension Yojana
- Minimum Pension – Ministry of Labour & Employment
- 2021 Emoluments – Central Civil Services (Implementation of National Pension System) Rules, Rule 5