Empanelment of public spirited senior level retired Civil / Defence Service Officers as National Level Monitors(NLMs) for monitoring implementation of rural development programmes
Government of India
Ministry of Rural Development
Department of Rural Development
Room No 701, Block No 11,
C.G.O. Complex, New Delhi-110003,
Dated the 29th January 2014
Subject : Empanelment of public spirited senior level retired Civil / Defence Service Officers as National Level Monitors(NLMs) for monitoring implementation of rural development programmes.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare D.O. letter No.4/36/2013-P&PW(D) dated the 23rd December, 2013 and to say that the Ministry of Rural Development has evolved a comprehensive system of independent third party monitoring of implementation of its rural development programmes across the country by deputing Individual and Institutional National Level Monitors(NLMs) who are public spirited senior level retired Civil/Defence Service Officers and Academia, for ensuring accountability and transparency in the execution of various programmes of this Ministry. The experience/exposure to rural development and rural development related programmes is required for empanelment as Individual NLM. The empanelment of NLMs are done against open advertisement issued in the leading Newspapers and on the website of the Ministry inviting applications from eligible and willing Individuals and Institutions for empanelment as NLMs. As per the scheme, following categories/level of retired officers having working knowledge on computer use, upto the age of 65 years as on specified date of publication of advertisement, are eligible for empanelment as Individual NLM:
a) ex-service officer from the Armed Forces of the rank of Lt. Colonel and above,
b) retired officers of Para Military Forces having equivalent rank to Lt. Colonel or above in the Armed Forces,
C) retired Central/State Government Officers including IT professionals and Management Experts of the level of Deputy Secretary and above to the GOl,
d) retired Engineers of the rank of Superintendent Engineer and above in Central/State Government,
e) retired officers of the rank of Deputy Secretary in the offices of AGs and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
f) retired police officers of the rank of Superintendent of Police and above.
g) retired professors of any recognized University/Research Institutionsl Scientific organization, and
h) retired PSU/PSB officers of the rank of Deputy General Manager and above
2. This Ministry pays TA/DA and other monitoring charges to the NLMs as per terms and conditions of their services, The reports submitted by the NLMs are sent to the Programme Divisions of this Ministry for taking follow-up action on all the NLM reports. The reports of NLMs are also shared with the District Collector and the Chairman of the Vigilance and Monitoring Committee of the district for corrective measures.
Joint Director (Monitoring)
Telfax — 24362822
Smt. Vandana Sharma,
Joint Secretary (P),
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions,
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare,
Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market,
New Delhi— 110003.
Related to Your Search:
- DoP – Empanelment of retired officers as the Inquiry officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries
- Resolving of old pension cases
- Procedure for empanelment and appointment of retired officers as the Inquiry Officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries
- CSS: Appointments under Central Staffing Scheme
- Representation of OBC/SC/ST in Higher Officers
- Revision of pension of Maj. Genl and equivalent rank Officers in Air Force & Navy retired between 1.1.1996 to 31.10.1996-reg
- Require consultants for Judicial Committee on One Rank One Pension
- Procedure for empanelment of retired officers as the Inquiry Officers for conducting Departmental Inquiries
- Filling up the post of Director (Auction) at Bengaluru in the Tobacco Board, under the Department of Commerce.