Empanelment cases – Below Benchmark grading in ACRs prior to reporting period 2008-09 (DOPT)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi.
9th July 2019
Subject: Below Benchmark grading in ACRs prior to reporting period 2008-09 – Empanelment cases.
Reference is invited to this Department 0.M. No.21011/1/2010-Est(A) dated 13.04.2010, vide which decision of the Government was conveyed that if an employee is to be considered for promotion in a future DPC and his ACR prior to the period 2008-09, which would be recknonable for assessment of his fitness in such future DPCs, contain final grading which are below the benchmark for, his next promotion, the concerned employee will be given a copy of the relevant. ACR for his representation, if any, before such ACRs are placed before the DPC. Subsequently, vide D.M. of even number dated 22.05,2014, it was further clarified that in cases where benchmark at one level varies from a benchmark at another level ;post and where the ACRs prior to the period 2008-09 are also reckonable for assessment of his fitness in any DPC subsequent to the next promotion (including any empanelment/financial upgradation), a copy of the ACR shall be given to the officer concerned, for representation, if any.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department with reference to empanelment for holding posts at the level of Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Secretary under Central Staffing Scheme (CSS). The process of empanelment under CSS and the process of empanelment for promotion in the cadre, are distinct. Unlike promotion in the cadre, where a fixed benchmark is prescribed, empanelment for holding posts under CSS is done on the basis of evaluation of ,ACRs/APARs, overall service record, vigilance status of officers and Multi-source Feedback from relevant stakeholders etc. as per the extant, guidelines in this regard. There is no pre-determined benchmark, as such, for empanelment under CSS.
3. It is, therefore, clarified that the provisions of DoP&Ti’s D.M. No.21011/01/2010-Estt(A) dated 13.04.2010 are not applicable to empanelment for holding Joint Secretary/Additional Secretary/Secretary level posts under the Central Staffing Scheme. The word ’empanelment’ appearing in Para 2(c) of D.M. No.21011/01/2010-Estt(A) dated 22.05.2014 implies empanelment for promotion to a cadre post and not empanelment for holding a post under the Central Staffing Scheme.
Related to Your Search:
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading
- Representation of OBC/SC/ST in Higher Officers
- Benchmark for promotion to administrative grades in Railway Services
- Entries in ACRs/APARs and proper disposal of representation against remarks in ACRs/ APARs or for upgradation/downgradation of the final grading
- Clarification on applicability of Very Good benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of Good benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
- Re-designation of the post of Deputy Secretary held by an officer appointed under the Central Staffing Scheme as Director as a measure personal to him
- DoPT: Appointment of officers working in the Ministries/Departments under Central Staffing Scheme(CSS) to non-CSS posts in the Central Vigilance Commission(CVC) on shift basis
- MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular