Government of India
Ministry Of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 108
Dated: the 13th September,2019
Subject: Emergency treatment in CGHS empanelled Hospitals
The extant instructions under CGHS provide that under emergency conditions, a CGHS beneficiary can get admission in any CGHS empanelled Hospital without any prior permission. It has, however, been brought to the notice that the Hospitals deny admission or insist on referral memo from CGHS Wellness Centre even in emergency conditions.
2. In accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement between the CGHS empanelled Hospital and the Government of India, refusal to provide treatment to bonafied CGHS beneficiaries in emergency cases and other eligible categories of beneficiaries on credit basis, without valid ground, would attract disqualification for continuation of empanelment.
3. It is, therefore reiterated that in emergency the empanelled hospitals will not refuse admission or demand an advance payment from the CGHS beneficiary or his family member and will provide credit facilities to the patient.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
(Tel.011 – 2306 1883)
Source – CGHS
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS: Cashless facility to CGHS Benficiaries
- Emergency Treatment in CGHS Hospitals – List of Emergency conditions
- Treatment from CGHS Empanelled Hospitals
- CGHS – Reiteration of the guidelines issued regarding Credit facilities to serving employees
- CREDIT TO CGHS BENEFICIARIES IN EMPANELLED PRIVATE HOSPITALS TO CONTINUE
- Consultation from Specialists at CGHS empanelled hospitals in respect of CGHS beneficiaries aged 75 years and above
- Simplification of the Procedure in CGHS
- Medical Facilities for Government Employees
- Simplification of procedure for treatment at private hospitals empanelled under CGHS/CS (MA) Rules,1944